Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
grindking

BFG, and those stupid webpages.

I'm sick of seeing this retarded page about the bfg whores out there. I played against Zokum myself, and yeah he uses the bfg all the time, but that doesn't mean that I can't dodge it. The bfg and plasma were put in the game for a REASON and shouldn't be left out from the game. Doom2 does not equal ONLY the ssg, although I'd like to think that way too.

What I'm saying is that back in the day before we had ports of doom, before there was directsound support, and multiple channels, the bfg was a highly used and very skillful weapon when used right. Does anyone remember silencing the bfg? When I first learned of this waaaaaay back in the day, I was amazed, and I thought it was incredible. It was found by a guy named chunkk, and from there spread everywhere.

Now that doom has changed totally and nearly every single csdoom server out there has stupid respawn items/armor/blueball/etc. which is retarded and never the way doom was mean't to be played. Second of course there's sound issue w/ the bfg, so it can always be heard, plus more people than ever can be in a server now, which makes for a large amount of kills in a short time with a mass destruction weapon like the bfg.

Doom has changed, so everyone must adapt to the way it's been changed, and regardless, the bfg is still part of doom.

now someone please do something about these shitty servers with item respawn. it was supposed to be respawn->find a weapon->kill till your killed. Never were people supposed to keep regenerating there health by respawning health packs.

someone agree with me. I want to know who used to really play doom.

doom2 map01 skill5 OLD DEATHMATCH nomonsters fraglimit 100

Dude, your talking like a tightwad panty waste. But I like classic deathmatch from time to time, very nice. There comes a time when the best only have fists. Hahahaha. But I do see ur point, but like living organisms, games must evovle, though i think freelook and rocket jumping is a little much, for doom any way, they're still acceptable.

And .. the whineboxes of the Year 2000 sure get annoying, acting their age and complaining. wah wah wah. Although, the whining on my Classic CSDoom servers has decreased a bit, I think it has something to do with attracting the right crowd by including "USE BFG" in the server name.

Lets get some modem doom going! :)

Guest Dream Destroyer

My opinion on the topic is that the game was designed for the consumer. You, being the consumer, bought the game for your enjoyment. Now, everybody gets enjoyment out of different aspects of the game, and there is no rule saying that stuff you don't like (like the bfg) actually has to be included. So, people that wine about it only bother me because they are being incredibly stupid about the way they go about it. If you want to make a difference, then do it in a intellectual respectable manner. If your too stupid to do that, then nobody will give a shit and you will be seen as a joke. Here's a hint, instead of, "That fucking BFG sucks 3977862 ass. Anybody who uses it sucks l33tfu3848973224." Try, "I find the BFG to be unfair, and wish there was a place where I would be able to fight without worry about being pegged off before my attacker has even noticed me.". You see, that's what get's to me. The whole, whoever uses it sucks. Because, this guy that has the BFG site thing up, I'm pretty sure he fucks his mother. Do I go saying that everybody who fucks there mother is gay? No, because you can't be sure that they are all female. Just because I do not approve of something does not give me the right to demean all those who do... Anyway, this has been a bit long.. I think I will leave now. :)