Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dream Destroyer

CSDOOM

Guest Dream Destroyer

How come nobody plays CsDoom anymore? I go on to Deathmatch some fools, and there are 5 people total on, all on a DWANGO5 server. I don't have DWANGO5, and even if I did, how all 23 odd servers are empty but that one. We have been waiting for this for how long? And now we are just shrugging it off.

and for other spec, CSDOOM crash something during the games.
And when we want to restart a game, the CSDOOM window launcher has some bug like all text that appear change to : ÿÿÿÿ ... etc

Huh? When I delete my csdl.ini players join csDoom? BTW I did this many times before (mainly because of this strange bug), but no that did not help for more players. There are really only few players on the csDoom servers...

The y thing happened to me once, and w/o deleting my ini file, it went away, it's been gone for quite a while, just today it came back... and about the players thing, i'm on csdoom alot, since i have tried to upgrade doom2 using a diff # of patches from idsoftware, ihave been uneventful in fixing the problem i have w/ the first lvl of csdoom's doom2. So, well, anyway, i'm not a player letting csdoom slip away, i'm taking full advantage of it.

yeah but i need to be faster to clic to launch the game if i want to play a game before the launcher crash!

Dawm stupid bugs of my a**.

squashfoot said:

The y thing happened to me once, and w/o deleting my ini file, it went away, it's been gone for quite a while, just today it came back... and about the players thing, i'm on csdoom alot, since i have tried to upgrade doom2 using a diff # of patches from idsoftware, ihave been uneventful in fixing the problem i have w/ the first lvl of csdoom's doom2. So, well, anyway, i'm not a player letting csdoom slip away, i'm taking full advantage of it.

Get patch from http://doomserv2000.com/theclan/D2_16_19.zip read instructions and run the 3 bat files it works

There are three main reasons:

1) CSDoom doesn't seem to be being updated anymore.

2) A significant number of people hate Fly and therefore his program, and these people generally use Doomserve instead.

3) Other ports are gaining CS options, e.g. Skull Tag, Doom Legacy, Doom Tournament, etc.

I have found that most people that use Doomserv also use CSDoom and find it quite a good place to go in moments of inertia or if someone just cannot get a good ping person to person
To hate a program because you dislike the guy that made it seems strange, how many people use windows? I rest my case :)

X-DOOM said:

and for other spec, CSDOOM crash something during the games.
And when we want to restart a game, the CSDOOM window launcher has some bug like all text that appear change to : ÿÿÿÿ ... etc

um, you've never been beaten? hahahahaha

play me 1on1, and ill slaughter you.. only csdoom though..

zdoom straight tcpip sucks ass and is slow.. same with legacy probably..

csdoom all the way DAMMIT

well grindking

when do you want to play that Dm ?
:)
I don't have some freespace time now !
School works are so important for now !

In this weekend i'll be ok !

grindking said:

um, you've never been beaten? hahahahaha

play me 1on1, and ill slaughter you.. only csdoom though..

zdoom straight tcpip sucks ass and is slow.. same with legacy probably..

csdoom all the way DAMMIT

I don’t think anyone can be 100% undefeated in csdoom. You can have a bad ping, a crash, or just join late and never have the opportunity. Havoc[WRG] has the opportunity to be undefeated in csdoom because he only joins either his own server or his friends server which he can get a steady 28 ping to both but Havoc sux ass and I already ruined his winning streak for him :)

Zdoom TCP/IP has its advantages over csdoom in and vice versa. It depends on who and what kind of game you are going to play.

Zdoom can give you a perfect LAN like game with an 85 ping where as csdoom you have to have 28.

Zdoom is much more stable than csdoom, it rarely crashes and when it does it is only at the start of the game.

Zdoom does not have a firing delay

Csdoom handles multiple players much better than zdoom, I don’t think zdoom should ever have more than 2 players unless its a LAN game although there are some people that like to have 4 and 5 player zdoom games with dup6 even after trying csdoom.

Which port you choose depends on what type of lag you like. Some people have learned to rely on having there weapons fire the instant they push fire and cant deal with a firing delay and others rely on using allot of small intricate movements that are not possible with a ticdup. Zdoom has 2 types of lag, either slowed game play or play with a ticdup that makes doom control worse and slows frame rate. Csdoom has a firing delay but plays at full speed, 35 fps, and with normal control.

Zdoom TCP/IP does not suck! You just probably had one bad game and then decided in yourself that zdoom sucked and that you would not give it a chance or take the time to learn how it works because you are simple minded.