Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Squashfoot

Client Server Doom

Back again. :)
A little question arose tonight. While I was looking for a game on csdoom, I noticed, Wow!!! someone is playing Gothic2.wad. Amazing, i've seen gothicdm.wad, but i had never seen a server for gothic 2. I joined and played, then left. When i went to go back and play gothic2, it was gone. The questions are , can one set up a server to play a specific wad (e.g. the formentioned example) and how does one do this? Oh, and one other question for my friend who's dying hellish amounts cuz his ping is too high, how can you lower ping? He's on a 56k w/ a ping of 700 and i'm on a 28.8 and have like 178..... thanks for any help given, i appreciate it as much as dogs like meat, cats like fish, and space marines like bunnys,,,. remember the bunny on the startup picture for doom 95,, he's in the grass to the right, little bugger.

Get the kings csdoom server launcher from http://kickme.to/theking that will launch and publish details to master server list with the least hassle, altho running a server by modem will make pings higher as more join, when you close server it is removed from list, seem to remember it was Sirfragsalot who ran the gothic2 server just for 1 game last night
The way I lowered my ping to csdoom servers , which was always 4000, was to ignore the advice given for most m/player games on-line, and HAVE "use error control" and "compress data" ON, this now allows me to join servers and have 200 ping

Thanks for the help, and I most probably was mistaken about the server of gothic2. it was a pleasure to see it. It was just that farce is the name i remembered most, so i said it was him, he did say it was his idea, but so did another player, and i don't remember who it was. Very good.