Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

Clan battles hosted by DW?

Question for Ling or another like minded God

If you noticed, I selected "World" as msg icon, that's because this is probably world orientated, Doomworld could host a Clan Ladder forum, this is what has been missing in the online deathmatch fraternity. Think about it, over the last 5 years there have been many clans,(ok none as great as Vile clan) but they form and fall apart as quickly as snowflakes melt on your tongue. Why? Because there has been no central agency to coagulate the clan action. Ling tried a clan forum, he killed it as quick as it's faetus kicked itself struggling into the Doom world. Because it was just one clan saying "Oh my clan kicks your clans bottom" and another, usually Vile clan, proving it couldn't.
Think about a clan's forum, all clans must register with at least 4 members, they must be willing to play on either Zdaemon/CSDoom or Doom Connector using the accepted version , eg Doom (not shareware) or Doom2 v1.9
There will be a ladder of clans, each week any clans playing each other will submit a report to whomesoever Ling delegates to run the Forum, the ladder will show activity that week and a position of all clans registered, and he/she (ok probably not she unless Kat decides to run it) :) will propagate a forum that espouses an interest in clan battles. There could be daily or weekly updates, "My dad can beat your dad" attitudes will not be accepted, but "In action today, Anav_DS and nc_DS took control of a server with 3 ICE members on it, and whooped ass", could, and probably would be the norm :)

The world orientation is because we cannot accept any "Oh my ping is shite" excuses, if you want to be in a world orientated clan action forum, select members from the planet, not your mate from 2 doors away who kicks your ass on a Saturday night on LAN :)
Comments?

those damn pieces of shite csdoom and zdaemon crash enuf that i would not want any sort of reputation attached to me or a clan i would be in to be jepordized by playing those craps.

oblivion said:

those damn pieces of shite csdoom and zdaemon crash enuf that i would not want any sort of reputation attached to me or a clan i would be in to be jepordized by playing those craps.

Strike 3, forum moderated again. Thank oblivion, Railgunner, and... oblivion? Well, I've rooted out a loser.