Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest XTO

!!! DM Competition !!!

Guest XTO

I need all the rule for setting up a DM Competition game or DM Competition serve, what i mean rule is something like "allow Jump, allow Armor etc etc!

Thank You! :-)

It's all a matter of taste which options you choose, hover mouse over server info on csdoom launcher and it tells you what is set on that server, use the most common settings, perfect would be , no jump, weapons stay, health respawns but not armour or powerups, mlook on,

Guest soviet

no , u dont understand. Its all about skill , this game we call doom. So mlook and jump should be on. And aromr reswan, yes. Its all about strategy , and that is all part of the game...

CLAN HZ IS LOOKING FOR A BATTLE WITH ANYOTHER CLAN, PLEASE E - MAIL ME AT ADL505@aol.com !!!!

Soviet, You are ass-backwards. The game you just described is quake. If you will check the top-left hand corner of your screen you will see that this is a doomworld forum....

Now these are just my opinions but, DooM was never meant for those quake-like features. Now don't get me wrong 'cause I will play DooM in any fashion it can be played in, and I will take full advantage of any settings that happen to be set on the server but Most good DM lvls are shot to hell when you add things like mlook, item respawn, and jump. Mainly because most good DM lvls, most but not all, were made before ports that added those features.

Take map1 and map7 for example. These are probably the most played lvls for DM ever (I don't neccessarly think they are good DM lvls though :). Adding jump to map1 should be a sin. Likewise with adding item respawn to map7. It totally screws up the balance of these maps. I don't know how many times I've been on a map7 server where some jackass just runs around the edge spamming the hell out of the plasma only to trip over the megasphere, and then he calls you a whore for using the bfg to take his sorry ass down. What kind of strategy is that?

If you want to really test your skills, try playing without those features. See how many times you can kill that mofo till u are down to nothing but your fists. Now that takes skill.

soviet said:

no , u dont understand. Its all about skill , this game we call doom. So mlook and jump should be on. And aromr reswan, yes. Its all about strategy , and that is all part of the game...

CLAN HZ IS LOOKING FOR A BATTLE WITH ANYOTHER CLAN, PLEASE E - MAIL ME AT ADL505@aol.com !!!!

See what happens when you play a game 3 years after it was released? You don't have a clue :)