Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kierian

csDoom troubles

Guest Kierian

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with csDoom. I just found out about this continuing doom community and I'm really excited to play some DM again. I have doom II 1.9 and csDoom 0.7 and am now trying to get started playing. I've played some other online games (Jedi Knight being the only FPS) and never had any problems. Using csDoom the ping replies are up in the 2000 range, and the game jumps my character around until I quit. According to all the docs I've seen on cs, I should be able to run fine, but I'm not. Does anyone know if I'm missing something or misconfigured somehow? Any help would be great.

I had this problem, fixed by changing dial up settings
ctrol panel>dial up networking>right click on connection>properties>configure>advanced> select "use error ctrl" "compress data" use flow ctrl hardware or software, software if its a winmodem

Guest TheCyanideX

I know exactly what you're talking about... I saw yesterday how all of the Servers that CSDOOM listed had PINGS from low (450) to the highest (1179). I didn't see a ping of 2000, and I don't think I wanna...hehe.
I was trying to play a DM yesterday, and what would happen was, the screen would get all jerky, and crazy looking (i.e: when you type NOCLIP, and walkthrough the walls, you get that blurred Trippy EffecT). I couldn't move at all, and I was forced to disconnect.
BUt to answer your question, the only I think you could fix it, I guess would be to get a faster connection like Cable or DSL. Which is what I plan to do in the next month or so. Right now I'm a 56k Modem using crappyass AOL LOL. But I don't think it;s a misconfiguration or anything like that. I'm assuming it might be your ISP Connection speed, like mine.

Guest TheCyanideX
fodders said:

ctrol panel>dial up networking>right click on connection>properties>configure>advanced> select "use error ctrl" "compress data" use flow ctrl hardware or software, software if its a winmodem

THANX!!!!

Guest Kierian
fodders said:

Thanks for the quick reply. TheCyanideX had it completly right, it was like no clipping was on... I'm using '98 btw. No sign of "dial up networking" on the control panel. According to my dial-up configuration I do have software compression running. In a related (somewhat) problem, I got a copy of doomserv hoping to use it, but I'm running into that great mswinsock.ocx error. I've never been one to dig into the makeup of Windows (still hate it to this day) so I know I'm coming off as completly inept, but, what am I missing? :) Jedi Knight runs fine through msn gaming zone, so why won't good 'ole doom?