Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheCyanideX

Skulltag BOTS vs. Real PLayers???

Guest TheCyanideX

Are all the servers gonna be running with bots on em? Seems rather cheesey to me, unless there a tournament to see who can kill the bots the most... other than that, there's no point in me logging in a server when I could just run a single game by myself..... But oh well, whatever, nevermind.....BANG BANG!!

The one who runs a server can decide how many (and if at all) bots should be in the level. I think this option has been added so that you can join a server which has no human opponents and don't get bored until another human joins.

Guest TheCyanideX

oh ok i can see that.....

Guest Epistax

How does this sound... Set bots to "up to # players", so that if there are only two players, it fills in slots with bots until there are # (maybe five). Then if you have five or more players, no bots at all.

Just an idea.

if you click on server details it tells you if bots are in and how many of the players are bots etc

Guest TheCyanideX
Epistax said:

How does this sound... Set bots to "up to # players", so that if there are only two players, it fills in slots with bots until there are # (maybe five). Then if you have five or more players, no bot

well that sounds like a cool idea... now only if the games could run on the server without crashing all of the time, it would be sweet....lol

fodders said:

if you click on server details it tells you if bots are in and how many of the players are bots etc

Anyway, i go on the net to look for games with humans. I look at the players and ping columns, and it all looks good. If i then find that all the "players" is bots, it's damn anti-clmatic.

Guest Point
TheCyanideX said:

oh ok i can see that.....

I realize not knowing whether your opponents are bots are not is annoying. Personally, I enjoy the game almost the same. A sprite behaves in a similar fashion, whether it is a human or bot in games like Doom. It only seems to make a substantial difference when playing with 3d models.