Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Solid Snake 88

How do you load a skin in csDoom?

Guest Solid Snake 88

I've been all over the internet, asked tens of people, but still haven't got an asnwer. How do you do it? Some guy told me you have to enter the path into the additional options space, but nothing happened. Please please help me out here. Thanks.

P.S. I'll be getting a new pic soon.

Simply put: You can't!. csDooM does NOT support skins. Also csDooM is a dead project. Now its continuation, ZDaemon, from my understanding will incorperate skin support in ver 1.0. And ver.95 hasnt been released yet. So it may be a little while.

If you want to wear a skin while you play csdoom. Then by all means go for it. Here how: just put the skin(wad) in a directory called skins in the csdoom directory. Zdoom automatically loads them. (You could also use the -file parameter in a command line) BUT no one else on the server can see your skin. Why not? Becaus this feature has NOT been added yet! You will just look a regular doom marine to them. So this really makes no sense why you would want to do this.

-blunt

Guest Solid Snake 88

Ah crap. :(

Thanks anyway.

BTW csDoom is FAR from dead. The developer may not be working on it anymore but it still has a loyal fan-base and a ton more servers and players than ZDaemon.