Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WretchCTK

Is there a real DooM fan for a DM?

Guest WretchCTK

I am looking for some people who want to play nice Deathmatches with DooM Legacy. I only have ISDN, but I think it can be funny.

WretchCTK

If you want to frag -> mail to wretchctk@gmx.net

NICE? deathmatches? are you insane boy?
go get csdoom/zdaemon/doomserv and play some real shithot frag ya ass till it burns when you shit deathmatches! :)

Guest Dominus

Doomserv is great if you like playing in slow motion or you enjoy having the game pause constantly. It is a good alternative for people that are overseas or have a crappy connection. It's not very practical for people with broadband though, why play a match that runs like ass when you can play one that runs almost like LAN? From my experience, Doomserv is packed with people that are using a 28.8 modem and probably live out in a forest somewhere. They're just looking for people to slow down with they're junk ass modems :P. I can't say that I blame them for wanting a more evenly matched game. But I'm sure if they had good pings they wouldn't be playing there, for the most part anyway. I'm not trying to give Doomserv a bad rap, but I just think it caters more to HPB players, which I don't happen to be.

You are correct, I do think Doomserv fills a void left tho, when DWANGO servers closed or in my case, world groups running game connection with sirdoom. There ARE a few broadbanders who play there but they do limit their games to lpb v lpb, and I can't blame them, and please remember Doomserv was conceived when the only way to play on the internet was via command lines in zdoom, Doomserv isnt a host or server as such, you don't actually play on there, doomserv just sets the command lines needed for zdoom, when you hit "play" you leave doomserv and are in the vast void that is the net :), to return to doomserv when game ends

fodders said:

Just because you're too fucking stupid to configure it, does not mean it sucks

uh when you get a frikkin illegal operation everytime you run the stupid fucking program I wouldn't say im stupid.

Ralphis said:

I wouldn't say im stupid.

Of course you wouldn't, but I have 4,000 signed affidavits that say you are