Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Should Doom (4) be scary?

You seem to think me saying it looks like both of those things means that one of those things must be located in the other one. Has it occurred to you that maybe those two things simply look alike? Your attempt to point out a contradiction is a shallow one. Still kind of dull, it doesn't give off any kind of demonic vibe at all. I wouldn't mind the mustard fog if it wasn't just a dull rock landscape, I expect much more menacing an environment from the pit of hell.

AirRaid said:

As if all of that wasn't pretty obvious from the various media they've released so far.

There still could have been the possibility that you start the game as a weaker character in a more oppressive horror setting and then slowly evolve into the fast and agile demon killing machine that is shown in the SP trailers.

Tetzlaff said:

There still could have been the possibility that you start the game as a weaker character in a more oppressive horror setting and then slowly evolve into the fast and agile demon killing machine that is shown in the SP trailers.

I wouldn't mind having a slow and horror like Intro to the game before you get the suit and start going apeshit on Demons, kind of like how Wolfenstein: TNO started (sort of).

Metroid Fusion was sort of like that. In the beginning, you've got nothing and you're essentially powerless, just hoping the SA-X doesn't cross paths with you. As you get more powerful, the game gets more action orientated because Samus gains enough equipment to stand a fighting chance.

They dont need to incorporate horror/survival gameplay to make the game "scary". You can be powerful right off the bat but have the odds stacked against you. The game should certainly include some gruesome, hellish shit that it seems to be lacking from the demos shown. The gore is a good gameplay element that should rightfully be included as it should in every fps, but gore does not necessariy make the atmosphere. The first couple and Doom64 have a darker atmosphere it seems.