Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

Resident Evil code name Hunk [released v1.1] v1.2 in progress

Its a resident evil tc for gzdoom. An original story, before the end of Umbrella, year 2002, a new virus infest Mero city, called TNB virus (a t-veronica variation) created by dr. Young. The new virus have the capability of control easily the bio organic weapons (b.o.w). Umbrella sent his best: Hunk; to recover the sample and kill dr. Young.

Video v1.2:

credits:
Spoiler

Influences:

Resident Evil Saga by Capcom.

DooM Saga by ID SOFTWARE

WW-DIAZ mod by Wildweasel.

UTNT mod by Tormentor667.

The 4th survivor by Rod Lima.

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Special Thanks:

DooMero: Programmer (acs, decorate, script).
Roack16. programmer (acs).
DarklefauX : ideas and resources.
Blue Shadow :ideas.
Firelord : ideas.
Kurama Hiwa Daisuke : beta tester and improve the tutorial.
Dbthanatos and AEOD Team: decorate and some visuals (smoke).
Zombieguy : ideas.
Doomguy : ideas.
PsychosilverTH : ideas, resources.
Asaf Alcalá Tináh : ideas.
TERMINUSEST13 : ideas.
Thediegomula : resources.
Gamerluna : ideas.
Hugo : ideas.
Stéphan GANA: beta tester, ideas, improve the tutorial and resources (Resident Evil Code Name Hunk logo for the credits map)
Sergeant Mark IV : ideas (decorate).
Dudester100: beta tester, ideas and resources (voices, and improve the lines of the dialogues)
GuyOnAChair: beta tester, ideas (script), improve the tutorial and resources (voices, and improve the lines of the dialogues)
Kaiser Klein: beta tester, ideas (script) and resources (improve the lines of the dialogues, tutorial and redaction)
Keith Silverstein: the original voice of Hunk. He did not participated in this project, but thanks to him; wish us the best luck. We used and edited his voice for this mod from the original dialogues of Umbrella chronicles, dark side chronicles and operation Raccoon city.

Cast:

Hunk Keith Silverstein
Albert Wesker Dudester100
Nemesis GuyOnAChair
Unknown voice Dudester100
Goblin six GuyOnAChair
U.S.S. command Dudester100
Umbrella heads:

U-1/U.S.S command Dudester100
U-2 Dudester100
U-3 Dudester100
U-4 DooMero
U-6 DooMero
U-7 Dudester100

Red queen DooMero

Soundtrack:

Resident Evil zero : Ichiro Kohmoto, Riyou Kinugasa, Ryoue Takagi, Shingo Kataoka, Ayumu Murai, Takashi Honda, Seiko Kobuchi.

Resident Evil remake : Makoto Tomozawa, Akari Kaida, Shusaku Uchiyama, Misao Senbongi and Masami Ueda.

Resident Evil 2 : Masami Ueda, Shun Nishigaki, Shusaku Uchiyama.

Resident Evil 3 : Masami Ueda, Saori Maeda.

Resident Evil Code Veronica : Takeshi Miura, Hijiri Anze, Sanae Kasahara.

Resident Evil 4 : Misao Senbongi, Shusaku Uchiyama.

download link v1.1:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/doomero/downloads/resident-evil-code-name-hunk

Wow, not a single reply after 2 whole days. Way to give the cold shoulder, y'all.
...Well anyways, I look forward to giving this a go once the demo is out.

wow, looks awesome!

grabs a lot from the original resident evil fell, i want to play a demo of it!

I remember to seen a similar project (maybe this?) years ago in these forums...

It looks great, but I really couldn't see many, if any, parallels between it and the Doom engine. At that point, it could've been just about any platform that was used.

Job said:

It looks great, but I really couldn't see many, if any, parallels between it and the Doom engine.

You can't really fault it for doing its own thing, especially since most every other game made in the Doom engine is just Doom but with feature/theme.

Jaxxoon R said:

You can't really fault it for doing its own thing, especially since most every other game made in the Doom engine is just Doom but with feature/theme.

Absolutely. I'm not criticizing, although in retrospect it may have looked that way. What I'm thinking is that it's such a huge departure from Doom, my mind was boggled trying to find any similarities in the demo. You're right though, it is far more than a reskinned Doom. Frankly, it looks like a lot of fun.

Looking good, can't wait to try it out.

doomero-21 said:

I will release a demo soon, i need to Finnish some puzzles and sectors.

Well just remember to put a few English ones in as well.

walter confalonieri said:

I remember to seen a similar project (maybe this?) years ago in these forums...

That would be the RE4 Mercenaries mod

I'm convinced Doomero is no mortal.

Dave The Daring said:

Looking good, can't wait to try it out.

Well just remember to put a few English ones in as well.

XD. Don´t worry a friend is helping me with the grammatical. Also the puzzles are easy to understand.

new video:

warning: the video contain spoilers of the entire chapter, i recommend stop on 21:08

the progress of the demo is 98% , i need to include the credits and fix some grammatical texts.

Thanks, the release date of this demo could be December, my team is trying to fix the grammatical errors and later start the phase of testing.

ok guys i released the demo. Finally is done, i am working now with the trailer for my youtube channel, the download link is on the first post.

Usually I only play iwads and a few pwads. But since this looks promising I will download gzdoom and will play it. Is it possible to play it coop?

termrork said:

Usually I only play iwads and a few pwads. But since this looks promising I will download gzdoom and will play it. Is it possible to play it coop?

No dude, for coop no, the scripts only was made for 1 player and 1 player start. Also you need to know the resident evil survivor horror spirit is the single player.

Maybe in the future i can do a raid mode for coop.

BTW, is not necessary download gzdoom, the file contain a special gzdoom for this mod.

if you are interested in someone playing it blind:

https://youtu.be/2dW2ewCeewk

actually it was a bit weird since resident evil like and doom like stuff got mixed a bit (e.g. the monsters were not reseted after going through a door (which is good, but weird at the beginning). Further there were 2 bugs. But it was enjoyable to play and I will for sure play more when more comes out.

termrork said:

if you are interested in someone playing it blind:

https://youtu.be/2dW2ewCeewk

actually it was a bit weird since resident evil like and doom like stuff got mixed a bit (e.g. the monsters were not reseted after going through a door (which is good, but weird at the beginning). Further there were 2 bugs. But it was enjoyable to play and I will for sure play more when more comes out.

i will fix those telefrag bugs for the next release.

This looks huge. Downloading right now, will play tomorrow. This kind of projects need a little more attention to be honest, there's quite a lot of work here. Just look at what he accomplished.

@Lycaon I guess it will get much more attention by the resident evil community. this mod has by far more resident evil gameplay than doom and therefore experiences the same ratio of attention. also I could imagine that there might be resident evil fans who could want to make maps for this mod. Since just creating maps (without intermissions) might be not that difficult even for newcomer, there might new maps from other people.

Since there's no knife I ended up running out of ammo and being unable to attack Nemesis, so we just kind of wandered around that plaza together for a while. Turns out he's not such a bad guy once you get to know him.

Jaxxoon R said:

Since there's no knife I ended up running out of ammo and being unable to attack Nemesis, so we just kind of wandered around that plaza together for a while. Turns out he's not such a bad guy once you get to know him.

you need to be carefull with the ammo, almost you can use flash grenade for neck break the zombies (almost 2 per flash) or hunters, also i recommend you use pistol agaisnt zombies, flash grenade against hunters.