Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomkid's Duel 2 (Beta, input needed!)

Hey everyone, I've been working on some more 2-4 player DM turf and could use a little bit of feedback!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rz2zq1c5ifs1bv5/shoes10.zip (10 maps)

The maps are 100% vanilla compatible. The themes vary from techbases, to brick-dungeons, to abstract "E2"-like maps.

Currently they are laid out for OS flags (item respawn and jumping OFF) however they should still be fairly balanced if you choose to turn item respawn/jumping on. Changes the flow and focus of the maps greatly, though.

Screenshots:

Please let me know what you think, any critiques are happily welcomed.

Awesome, thanks SC. Would be sweet if some others joined too, come get your frags people!

Just played every levels with bots to figure out. Every levels fit to vanilla doom theme and has enjoyable layouts. Tested with OS Deathmatch dmflag.

MAP01: Simple MAP01. Sometimes, the barrels that are blocking the way to BFG interrupt my vertical aiming at arena. But it's not a big deal, actually.

MAP02: It somehow reminds me judas23 with less columns and lower heights.

MAP03: I'm not sure, but I can see the layout of SSL here. The only one thing I didn't like was placing MegaArmor and BFG9000 at the same spot. I usually place powerful items seperately in DM maps.

MAP04: I'm not a big fan of SHAWN2 texture room. And rooms are little bit huge for duel match. Perhaps you can adjust the overall size of areas. Still, I think it fits for more than 4 players.

MAP05: I love the layout of this map. A perfect size and layout for duel match. At first, the exit door was broken. Later I realized that I need to press the button in order to open the exit door.

MAP06: Modified version of E1M2, and I'm a huge fan of E1 Deathmatch. One thing I want to know is the location of exit button.

MAP07: Simple circular arena style. I think GRAY7 and ICKWALL1 textures are little bit out of place.

MAP08: Another circular arena with cross shaped structure. Not bad, but could be better.

MAP09: At first, I beat the game without SSG since I couldn't find that one. I don't know why, honestly. Still, this kind of layout is my favorite for duel.

MAP10: Spiral-shaped layout with fine environment. Simple, but basic for duel.

Overall, great job for making vanilla doom style DM maps. :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback, antares! I'll take your points into account and do a little re-shaping before release. These kinds of comments help a great deal :)