Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Princess Leia's Golden Bikini is going on a fishing trip

Bucket said:

While I agree that the sex taboo is entirely ridiculous, the sexualization of a thing with the word "slave" in it kind of throws a wrench in your assertion.

No, that kind of is my assertion. That the movies can mingle violence and slavery without provoking anything uncomfortable for their target audience (i.e. an army of clones; a gladiatorial arena scene), but the same cannot be said for sexuality.

Or they can mingle child labour and slavery and gambling (i.e. the pod racing plot in the first prequel) without provoking discomfort, but the same cannot be said for sexuality.

Clonehunter said:

Coincidentally, the better Star Wars stories were the runs that blurred the lines. As it turns out, a lot of these are no longer "Canon" or whatever, making room for more flat out black and white tales.

Though I never delved too deep into the EU material, Planescape Torment 2 KOTOR 2 is my favorite piece of Star Wars media for this reason, among others.

Oh those rascally (insert SJWs/MRAs/Neckbeards/Liberals/Conservatives/White People/Black People/Foreigners/Whatever Group You Feel Like Irrationally Blaming For Anything You Don't Like here) they're always destroying the things we love. When will it ever end!?

Seriously though, it seems like one day we will eventually reach a point where everything on the internet is simply people being offended at stuff, while other people are offended at them being offended, and even more people are offended at them for being offended that the first group of people were offended, until eventually no one even remembers what the original thing that offended someone was and all content is simply replaced by varying levels of being offended by other people being offended.

Tarnsman said:

Seriously though, it seems like one day we will eventually reach a point where everything on the internet is simply people being offended at stuff, while other people are offended at them being offended, and even more people are offended at them for being offended that the first group of people were offended, until eventually no one even remembers what the original thing that offended someone was and all content is simply replaced by varying levels of being offended by other people being offended.

So...Gamergate?

Disney has become a realy weird company.

Mr. Freeze said:

So...Gamergate?

He blames people for blaming people with his act of summing up the targets in an attempt to make a point about people being offended in an endless loop.

I believe that the internet just gave people an easy way to be offended by anything, while in truth they might not even be offended at all as they live their lives without giving two cents about it anyway. The main bad guys are those in controll of the media while they attempt to decide for you if something should be offending you.

Disney might be heading towards the latter if the rumors are true.

The Internet is like a zoo. A fun place to watch all the animals, but if you don't watch out you could have feces thrown your way.

dio said:

The Internet is like a zoo. A fun place to watch all the animals, but if you don't watch out you could have feces thrown your way.

This is a pretty good metaphor, actually.

Mithran Denizen said:

Or they can mingle child labour and slavery and gambling (i.e. the pod racing plot in the first prequel) without provoking discomfort, but the same cannot be said for sexuality.

Heh, reminds me of this:

She's 14, mind you, and this was official for a time. Then the comic was adapted to TV, which is still Canon, and the outfit was toned down significantly (And they aged her by a single year).

Heh

I also remember when people were pissed off at JJ Abrams for having someone strip on screen for no apparent reason in Star Trek: Into the Darkness. JoeyJoe Abrams defended it with something like Kirk takes off his shirt all the time. Too bad she didn't have a slave outfit so it can become merchandise.

People aren't happy unless they're complaining.

Clonehunter said:

I am going to complain about the male protruding chin on that 3D model. Woman need to look like woman, which means no testosterone driven facial development.

And let me tell ya sumtin' that Alien could have been 14 in numbers but its an Alien. For all ya know she could have been 65 in human years. Alien Females need to look like females ! Stop making Machos out of woman ! Respect hormonal appearances !

#Wemen #testosterone #generic-banther #heh #Jay_Lenno_chin #Joke

If this is a SJW thing why is Psylocke not targeted? Because her outfit isn't known as "slave?" Psylocke and Leia were part of package deals.

FireFish said:

I am going to complain about the male protruding chin on that 3D model. Woman need to look like woman, which means no testosterone driven facial development.

And let me tell ya sumtin' that Alien could have been 14 in numbers but its an Alien. For all ya know she could have been 65 in human years. Alien Females need to look like females ! Stop making Machos out of woman ! Respect hormonal appearances !

#Wemen #testosterone #generic-banther #heh #Jay_Lenno_chin #Joke

Man, something's all the way up your ass. I'm just not sure if it's your head, your sense of humor, or both.

FireFish said:

hue hue

Your jokes make Alter sound like George Carlin.

Arctangent said:

Man, something's all the way up your ass. I'm just not sure if it's your head, your sense of humor, or both.

Probably both at the same time when perceived by you and your limited knowledge about me. Its not as if anything i do on this forum has something to do with me... or tells anybody else more than "this guy doesnt take anything serious on here".

Well, it sounds like it's time to systematically go up and down streets canvassing for people that get offended by nipples and dicks, and kill them. All of them.

Then we can do whatever we want.

Problem solved.

If they ever stop selling them, it just means you could possibly get good amount of dosh in the future if you want to sell them to collectors.

Anyway, have a video I discovered several months ago. It's somewhat related on today's atmosphere.

Dave The Daring said:

Princess Leia..

Golden Bikini..

Fishing trip..

Yes please!

How about an Antarctic fishing trip in the middle of winter?

dio said:

If this is a SJW thing why is Psylocke not targeted? Because her outfit isn't known as "slave?" Psylocke and Leia were part of package deals.

Good point. I guess it's not a SJW thing then.

Bucket said:

Good point. I guess it's not a SJW thing then.

Could it be Dinsey while being a "selective SJW" then ? (hah).

They could be planning to bring it back to earn more money after it disapeared... who knows... but that would be more like one of those behind the back Coca Cola type of actions.

Linguica said:

I love how this is somehow the fault of the dreaded internet SJWs instead of, you know, The Walt Disney Company

Posts like this really irritate me because it feels like you're literally trying to play dumb (when I know you're quite a smart guy) but I guess that's an SJW thing to deny responsibility and ask 'you cray cray bro?' :P

So pressure applied by SJWs had nothing to do with the climate we have in today's market? Did you follow the story of Divine Divinity 3's 'sexy armor'? Or the World Fantasy Awards? Last years Australian fantasy book awards? Are you familiar with the SJW's 'work' at all? We're dealing with the most pathetic lowest common denominator of spoiled brats that literally think that whining, boycotting, lobbying, internet bullying, employing intimidation tactics, smear campaigns (and bonus points for bogus death threats and playing the victim to demonize their target even further) and doing things affect their target's ability to put food on the table makes them 'activists' against evil middle class MRA white males that want to oppress everything.

Dropping the Bikini now was actually a smart move before a whole wave of smug blog posts by well known feminists, enlightened beta males, all people who literally have nothing to add to art, so they'll sterilize and water down other people's even further and make almost everything a taboo subject (to pave the way for some Utopian future where you can safely go watch a movie with no prior knowledge and not get offended even once), who'll paint this as another 'decisive victory against white male oppression' when infact it's just a fucking movie and nowhere in said scenes did it ever glorify her capture as 'fuck yeah, lets oppress this bitch'.

It depicted one of the darker sides of the Star Wars universe, and was a nice way to make the viewer remove all empathy for the underworld so that Luke & co can kill aliens instead of storm troopers.

Hmmm yes before the modern equality moment Disney would have had no hesitations about selling a bikini clad space slave action figure to children these be dark times I tell ya.

Captain Red said:

Hmmm yes before the modern equality moment Disney would have had no hesitations about selling a bikini clad space slave action figure to children these be dark times I tell ya.

yeah maaaaaan we cant let the SJWs win maaaaan because if they do...uh...something happens and I might not like it maaaaan

also LMAO at alpha/beta male designations when the study that term comes from was debunked long time ago. nice vocabulary you sheep

How am I supposed to get into watching """""aliens""""" die unless the movie man takes away all my empathy for them

(snark doesn't justify anything)

I'd say let him suffer, but the whole incredible thread might die.

Captain Red said:

It is quite the fan favorite. I wonder if this also means they will ban cosplayers from wearing the bikini to Star Wars conventions.

As much as I hate SJWs I must say that this action had nothing to do with it. I bank that Disney did themselves to make their newly aquired franchise more in line with the innocent family friendly shit they pumping out already, gotta keep good ol Disney away from the more dark years they had.

... Or I'm just looking for a single itsy bitsy tiny way to bash Disney, fuck Disney I can't stand the the shit they make.

Mr. Freeze said:

yeah maaaaaan we cant let the SJWs win maaaaan because if they do...uh...something happens and I might not like it maaaaan

This zelda related ordeal seems relevant to this thread. Hah.

https://twitter.com/untimelygamer/status/664946952426102785

In other words. People are going mad all around... there is something seriously odd about the current day gaming and media thoughtline.

Mr. Freeze said:

Well, we all love censorship, right? What could people possibly have against that!

Antroid said:

Well, we all love censorship, right? What could people possibly have against that!

Oh you're one of those "SJWS caused (game X) to change content" folks aren't you. Protip: private companies don't engage in censorship

Definitely not a change brought on by (real or otherwise) shifting cultural attitudes and market changes, no siree

So are they going to edit it out in Episode 6? Because other than that there isn't really any need for them to reuse it in future Star Wars movies.