Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RestlessRodent

Picking Up Grenades?

Been playing Doom 3 BFG (XBox 360) recently and it appears that I cannot really pickup grenades at all, I had previously had up to 47 however now I only have 19. I see 6 packs of grenades and large boxes of grenades everywhere, but it seems that I will never again get more grenades.

I should probably add that I am playing on Veteran (which means any hits you take, you die fast).

Do not have any means of recording, unless you count VHS.

Turns out these things I am attempting to pickup are actually shotgun shells, which actually are larger than the shotgun itself (on the ground).

Funny enough I legit couldn't pick shit up on my Veteran playthrough until I stood over it crouched for a couple seconds.

Storage lockers became my bane.

J.B.R said:

Lol, you two certainly live up to your titles, way to go.

Heh obviously i do not, although i used to .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Oh you're one of those living up for their custom titles .

J.B.R said:

Lol, you two certainly live up to your titles, way to go.

This title was not set by me nor was it requested.

The one who did give me this custom title (one of the moderators) carries a hatred which sucks the decency out of him/her/it. I would suppose that said person is insecure and hates anyone with a mental disability (possibly including said person's self which just drags their life into an endless pile of depression and regret). People generally attach things they disagree with and potentially hate with great hostility and attach it to those who they despise.

You jut confirmed the title for yourself. Though you're probably right, too.

So, does Veteran actually make it harder to pick things up as a gameplay mechanic?

Clonehunter said:

So, does Veteran actually make it harder to pick things up as a gameplay mechanic?

No, the BFG edition just tries to fuck you.

mrthejoshmon said:

Funny enough I legit couldn't pick shit up on my Veteran playthrough until I stood over it crouched for a couple seconds.

Storage lockers became my bane.

mrthejoshmon said:

No, the BFG edition just tries to fuck you.

This has happened to me sometimes, stuff refusing to be picked up such as those armor shards and medkits when I could normally pick them up.

I do wonder how item pickups are done in Doom 3, most likely hitbox collision.

GhostlyDeath said:

This has happened to me sometimes, stuff refusing to be picked up such as those armor shards and medkits when I could normally pick them up.

I do wonder how item pickups are done in Doom 3, most likely hitbox collision.

If you can't pick up a item, it's because you either have the maximum aumount you can get or it's because you don't have the latest patch installed.

J.B.R said:

If you can't pick up a item, it's because you either have the maximum aumount you can get or it's because you don't have the latest patch installed.

He's clearly trying to Pickup some object that can't be Picked up ingame =P

GhostlyDeath said:

Turns out these things I am attempting to pickup are actually shotgun shells, which actually are larger than the shotgun itself (on the ground).

J.B.R said:

or it's because you don't have the latest patch installed.

Right now there are no updates for the XBox 360 BFG edition and there probably will never be at this rate.