Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NinjaLiquidator

Disable monster infighting

Title says it all pretty much. I dont want monsters to infight and také any friendly fire from each other. Lets make it harder to speedrunners, so in my maps they will have to do something more than run 10 times in circle and then sit on chair and watch monsters infight. I am looking only for PrBoom compatible solution.

As an author of a wad, you have no Boom/MBF/PrBoom-plus compatible way to force disabled infighting in your wad. You can merely tell the players to go to their PrBoom-plus "Options->Enemies" and disable infighting themselves. I'm not certain how many people would obey you if you told them, because it's 1) an annoyance to setup/unsetup, 2) an annoyance during gameplay (infighting can be fun), and 3) incompatible with common complevels used for recording/speedrunning.

Thanks, your solution seems enough to me. I already have notes in my wad for PrBoom, what players should check/uncheck, so one more instruction in README is no deal. Without these, all triggerwork is fucked up and maps unplayable, so players just will have to obey these. If infighting is fun, is matter of opinion. I want to give sense that monsters in a map are one army, not bunch of random niggas. About that complevels - is there one that turns off infighting? Even if its uncommon? I will just write - hey players, record in this complevel, or it will not work.

In ZDoom you can disable infighting through DEHACKED; but I don't know if that's supported by other DEHACKED implementation or somehow is a ZDoom feature that was put back way back then.