Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

More dehacked fun!!

So I thought it would be cool to make a wad with 200% health as the initial health, but is there any way to get medikits to take health by 200? Maybe reassinging bonus health items frames somehow and changing their values?

Also, my icd-z1.deh for Immoral Conduct needs haxoring. It is basically wrong. After I fire the shotgun the lighting level is dropped, when I fire the AK47 the lighting level picks up after firing is complete. The difference is a good 40-50, really noticeable in areas with less than 120 light. Would anyone know the offending lines in the .deh file? (I edit dehacked files almost entirely in wordpad these days).

Also, my icd-z1.deh for Immoral Conduct needs haxoring. It is basically wrong. After I fire the shotgun the lighting level is dropped, when I fire the AK47 the lighting level picks up after firing is complete. The difference is a good 40-50, really noticeable in areas with less than 120 light. Would anyone know the offending
lines in the .deh file? (I edit dehacked files almost entirely in wordpad these days).

i know and i cannot fix it.

not quite on topic, but is it true that <1.6 versions of doom, the max health limit was 199, and there was no max armour limit?

You could make medikits take away health in zdoom. Hahaha, that's diabolical! Give the medikit a "special" and the special would be DamageThing (amount). If you use 0 for amount, the thing activating the special will be killed for sure. Used as a medikit special, this could only affect players since monsters cannot pick up medikits. If this function is used for a walk-over line, I expect monsters would also be affected.
If somehow the medikit cannot be directly given a DamageThing special, they can certainly be given an ACS special, and that script would then use DamageThing.

there is a way to set the initial health at 200 % in dehacked you just go to player settings

hypr said:

there is a way to set the initial health at 200 % in dehacked you just go to player settings

Like I said, that's not the issue. It's making mdeikits and stimpacks take player health above 100%.

esayeek said:

not quite on topic, but is it true that <1.6 versions of doom, the max health limit was 199, and there was no max armour limit?

Yes.

Ah fek

I posted a reply but the forums went down for a minute whilst I posted. Lost it all.

Oh well, the quick version - for the flash thing

Your weapon probably has a flash code pointer (either 17 (DEH) Light1 (BEX) - A dull flash - or 31 (DEH) Light2 (BEX) - a bright flash-) in it. This raises the light level. You also need to include a light restore code pointer (1 (DEH) or Light0 (BEX)) to return the light level back to normal.

My guess is you either have either put in a weapon flash, or used an existing one, but your firing sequence does not have a light restore pointer in it.

All codes and mnemonics are from memory, so check before using them.

So it turns out that I can set medikits and stimpacks to raise normal health to +100 in the deh's after all, but ZDOOM DOESN'T SUPPORT IT! That's right, prboom will take it over 100 but zdoom won't. Grr.