Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Multiplayer ports on mobile?

Are there any Doom-related ports that support multiplayer? I know HacX on iOS has multiplayer, but a limited one.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I asked for multiplayer ports for Android, iOS, and whatever else is there. D-Touch isn't multiplayer... You know, no offense, but this like the third/fourth time you mentioned of D-Touch to me.

Anyway, MULTIPLAYER Doom, on portable devices.
Better explain to me how D-Touch is multiplayer (if its about D-Touch's GZDoom, then forget it)

Well i mentioned it because i literally couldn't find any others wifh enough offers like D-Touch .

D-Touch has Multiplayer through Chocolate Doom, and GZDoom of course (If you connect through console or add a launch option before launching the game) or Select Multiplayer on Chocolate Doom and Browse the internet servers, i suppose there are some Android apps emulators for IOS out there , and since you've got it from Amazon Appstore you can send it via bluetooth to your iOS device , And if you're looking for something like Skulltag for IOS then don't waste your time there isn't any, and there won't be (unless the devs decide to) .

Doom Classic (iOS) has no multiplayer mode, but HacX Classic is from the the source code of Doom Classic (right?), but modified to have multiplayer with other HacX Classuc users (only iOS). I tested this with two iPhones on a Wi-Fi network, and it worked for both Co-Op and DM, but really...vanilla-ish...

D-Touch is much more advanced and extensive with mods, but where's the multiplayer to fun with?

Voros said:

D-Touch is much more advanced and extensive with mods, but where's the multiplayer to fun with?

It isn't necessarily advanced when you know how you deal with it, you can either play with Chocolate Doom which offers a classic play style or use GZDoom and switch off the enhancements such as free look ... etc

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It isn't necessarily advanced when you know how you deal with it, you can either play with Chocolate Doom which offers a classic play style or use GZDoom and switch off the enhancements such as free look ... etc

I don't think you understand. D-Touch has amazing ports both modern and classic, but it doesn't have multiplayer. That is the question: any mobile Doom multiplayer ports out there?

Voros said:

but it doesn't have multiplayer.

Eh, a simple press on Chocolate Doom on the Port selection bar from the top of the application main screen would change your mind =P

Voros said:

barely anyone uses it.

You're right, who needs a Mobile multiplayer version anyway .

Voros said:

Still not very user friendly .

Whaddya mean ? You can chat, move, shoot and do basically everything that you could do on PC Chocolate doom .

PrBoom-plus is a singleplayer focused port. Its netcode isn't suitable for online play. Use other ports for multiplayer instead.

scifista42 said:

PrBoom-plus is a singleplayer focused port. Its netcode isn't suitable for online play. Use other ports for multiplayer instead.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How about cross platform multiplayer? like phone and PC on one server?

Voros said:

How about cross platform multiplayer? like phone and PC on one server?

Actual if someone has joined a Chocolate doom server from his PC, you can also join him .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Actual if someone has joined a Chocolate doom server from his PC, you can also join him .

but there are no servers!

Voros said:

but there are no servers!

There is about 3, Press "Find servers on Internet" after you press "Multiplayer" .