Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashstrodamus

Swift Death demos [-complevel 9]

I think everyone should write times with centiseconds included for runs that last just a few seconds. This will encourage competition, as well as putting more effort into demos (instead of lazy "well, it's .99 so I'm done" demos). I mean, it won't be very interesting if the UV-Speed table will be filled in two-three days and then the category will be abandoned forever. What do you think people?

Memfis said:

I think everyone should write times with centiseconds included for runs that last just a few seconds. This will encourage competition, as well as putting more effort into demos (instead of lazy "well, it's .99 so I'm done" demos). I mean, it won't be very interesting if the UV-Speed table will be filled in two-three days and then the category will be abandoned forever. What do you think people?

Agreed. For each map to be less than five seconds, it would be a good idea.

MD922 said:

I already did m01 in 0:02.

But you're 0.03 off, bud! Try again! :D

Map12 UV-MAX in 4:09

Could've got it a little better, but I'm sure someone will take at least a minute off this time.

Edit: Got it down to 3:33 but no need to post it up. Someone will come along with about a 2:something.

swd12-409.zip

Memfis said:

ClumsyDoomer, did you notice that sector 27 has a "damage and exit level" type?

Yes, that 32-unit gap in that acid river seemed suspicious to me, but I didn't expect such an oddity. Thanks.

GrumpyCat said:

Surprisingly hard death glide.

Map32 Pacifist 0:04

Map32 Pacifist in 0:04.77 (GrumpyCat had 4.94)
Map32 NM-Speed in 0:03.40

sw32.zip

Map02 UV-Max in 1:05
Map02 UV-Speed in 0:10(.31)

Oh yea speedrun is also a death-exit.

Also included properly named Map01 demos for archiving.

Map01 UV-Max in 1:22
Map01 UV-Speed in 0:02(.83)

swideath02demos.zip

Rayzik said:

Map02 UV-Max in 1:05
Map02 UV-Speed in 0:10(.31)

Oh yea speedrun is also a death-exit.

Also included properly named Map01 demos for archiving.

Map01 UV-Max in 1:22
Map01 UV-Speed in 0:02(.83)

You da man Ray.

First demo posted here and an epic fail at that (in more ways than one). But I really enjoyed this mapset and will have to watch some of these demos of y'all taking these maps to school.

Not my fastest run; but my farthest. I did really badly at first, missing every opportunity to do things as they were meant to be done, but somehow I made it right up to the exit door. Unfortunately, I then got caught on a corner or something and became fried mincemeat, lol.

The attempt was just UV, no max or anything extra and to call it a speed run would be laughable; 0:52

02sdfail.zip

Sweet runs y'all!

I got one for MAP14 on UV. Should have been UV-Max but somehow I got the secret and didn't trip it. Oh well. Couple items escaped me as well. This one was tight and had me sweatin' a bit at 1 hp, especially when I ran out of ammo for a sec towards the end. Still, not nearly as epic as Cyberdemon's run of it.

I'm digging these maps so far!

MAP14 UV in 3:41

s14uv341.zip

So, you pretty new to demos Fonze? I just started doing UV-Max demos to improve the ol' Dooming skills. I like this megawad but I haven't played the final version until now. I still have the beta 2 on my cpu. I think he replaced a level or two. I guess I'll know soon enough. I'm wondering if the secret is not accessible on map 14. Anyway, good job and keep on Dooming.

Ashstrodamus said:

So, you pretty new to demos Fonze? I just started doing UV-Max demos to improve the ol' Dooming skills. I like this megawad but I haven't played the final version until now. I still have the beta 2 on my cpu. I think he replaced a level or two. I guess I'll know soon enough. I'm wondering if the secret is not accessible on map 14. Anyway, good job and keep on Dooming.

Yeah man, you could say that I'm not a no-saving or a speedrun kind of guy. Idk, maybe I need that little false sense of security in order to run through the jungle in the first place. Also, up until a few months ago there was no reason for me to even think about demos. But I enjoy watching y'all's demos and there is a certain level of fun trying to beat these levels in a straight-shot; they're like puzzles that need to be figured out.

I think there's nothing wrong with that secret, it's just inconvenient to trigger amidst the revs.