Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashstrodamus

Swift Death demos [-complevel 9]

Ashstrodamus said:

Damn, fucking nice!!!! That's gonna be hard to beat.

Edit: I actually got the Cybie once with the frag, but died like ten seconds later.

I can't count how many times I ended up right next to the mofo and promptly received a rocket suppository. I can say that I only successfully got him ~20 times, and either died later in the run or had spent so much time trying to set it up that it wasn't really that impressive compared to Cyb531's time.

I can also remember quite vividly, a certain failure on a run involving the final death exit, and horribly miscalculating the angle of the blast and ending up *just* on the edge of the exit. God that one sucked. It was slower than 1:32 though, so not that bad.

Ashstrodamus: I'm gonna tell you one magic key which helps me a lot in building UV-MAX. That key in GLBoom is '/' on Numpad.
Just press once and you will see all monsters on level, once more and it will shows ooooonly monsters and nothing else.
Really helpful key but that mod doesn't work while recording and doesn't shows resurrected monsters.

Azuruish said:

Ashstrodamus: I'm gonna tell you one magic key which helps me a lot in building UV-MAX. That key in GLBoom is '/' on Numpad.
Just press once and you will see all monsters on level, once more and it will shows ooooonly monsters and nothing else.
Really helpful key but that mod doesn't work while recording and doesn't shows resurrected monsters.

Turn smart totals off in hud options to see resurrected monsters btw

Rayzik said:

I can't count how many times I ended up right next to the mofo and promptly received a rocket suppository. I can say that I only successfully got him ~20 times, and either died later in the run or had spent so much time trying to set it up that it wasn't really that impressive compared to Cyb531's time.

I can also remember quite vividly, a certain failure on a run involving the final death exit, and horribly miscalculating the angle of the blast and ending up *just* on the edge of the exit. God that one sucked. It was slower than 1:32 though, so not that bad.

That was really nice. You won't be so lucky on 13. There's no easy way out of that. I think that 8:07 is actually pretty fast but damn at the missed monster. Maybe a 7:30 if you're lucky, but that one is gonna be pretty hard to beat without a little help. I've noticed that the SSG secret has a tendency to be missed.

Map32 UV-Max in 7:29

Seems I underestimated how fast this one can be beaten, but plasma and rocket management plus route helped me beat my goal of 7:30, so I'm happy. I even took a second or two extra to make sure all monsters were dead this time.

swd32 - 729.zip

Rayzik said:

Map11 UV-Max in 0:42
Map11 NoMo in 0:10(.31)

Idk how 4shockblast got 0:38 on max, but I ran out of goats to sacrifice so I give up.

He definitely sold his soul. He got lucky with the infighting, but more power to him. It's about like your map 10 and fragging that Cyberdemon. Just a insane time to beat. I've seen the pinkies gang up on the CD(map10) and still takes about 2 min. to kill him.

Ashstrodamus said:

He got lucky with the infighting, but more power to him.

It's strange, because I had a few attempts where I got that infighting to happen, but they were all 50+, way too slow. I also had a chaingun spam my demo that came down to 44, but I couldn't ever get that any faster.

That SSG jump is definitely important, and I suck at jumping, so there's a second or two there. But I played so sloppy in my demo, in fact, it was pretty bad how many double kills I missed and how many extra SSG blasts I had to use. I might have actually had a matching time at least if I hadn't sucked it up so bad. Oh well.

Just thinking(and smoking) would you say I was in the top 10% of Dooming? 11 demos last week and 48 the week before? I enjoy this to the max. UV-Max runners are kinda lacking here. Get some more j4rio up in this bitch. I haven't had this much fun since NES in'85 and starting guitar in'88.

4shockblast said:

Map 11 UV-Max in 0:38.

That was a nice one dude. You managed to piss Ray off on that one, lol! You can't win them all. You guys are awesome. I can't tell you the last time I had this much fun. I played original Doom when it came out but wads are where it is at.

Ashstrodamus said:

Can't wait to see 13 UV-Max as only you can do Ray. I'm sure it will be good.

And it just so happens 13 is next...

Map12 UV-Max in 1:46
Map12 NoMo in 0:18(.23)

Basically a copycat of Anca's route with better RNG.

Also NoMo, because speedrunnning is basically UV-Max here. If you want to live, at least.

swideath12demos.zip

Rayzik said:

Also NoMo, because speedrunnning is basically UV-Max here. If you want to live, at least.

I see some opportunities for a cool UV-Speed demo here if you can find someone crazy enough.

Map12 NoMo in 0:14.43

sw12o014.zip

Rayzik said:

And it just so happens 13 is next...

Map12 UV-Max in 1:46
Map12 NoMo in 0:18(.23)

Basically a copycat of Anca's route with better RNG.

You're like my hero Ray, no shit. I love watching you plsy. Your Swim With the Whales is absolutely insane!

Keyboard_Doomer said:

I see some opportunities for a cool UV-Speed demo here if you can find someone crazy enough.

Map12 NoMo in 0:14.43

Holy shit I just creamed my pants. That was fantastic. I would have never figured out a trick like that myself!

Ashstrodamus said:

You're like my hero Ray, no shit. I love watching you plsy. Your Swim With the Whales is absolutely insane!

Speaking of those, I need to find that thread and upload my demos.

(although to be honest, I've been thinking about getting a sub-30 demo on MAP03...)

Ashstrodamus said:

You're like my hero Ray, no shit. I love watching you plsy. Your Swim With the Whales is absolutely insane! Buh-bye world record time, lol!

Rayzik said:

Holy shit I just creamed my pants. That was fantastic. I would have never figured out a trick like that myself!

Speaking of those, I need to find that thread and upload my demos.

(although to be honest, I've been thinking about getting a sub-30 demo on MAP03...)

How was Star Wars? Like it?

Ashstrodamus said:

How was Star Wars? Like it?

It was good. I liked it a lot compared to I - III, and it felt like a natural progression from IV - VI.

But, we should probably migrate this convo to PMs, this is the demos forum after all!

Rayzik said:

It was good. I liked it a lot compared to I - III, and it felt like a natural progression from IV - VI.

But, we should probably migrate this convo to PMs, this is the demos forum after all!

My bad, definitely agree. Ancalagon just punked you, lol!