Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NinjaLiquidator

Number of linedefs when PrBoom starts doing P_LoadSubsectors: no subsectors in level?

Hi, I have 31985 linedefs and PrBoom throws this error. Zdoom works fine. It was doing even in Sunlust Map28, which has 34k linedefs. I wonder where is the limit. Somebody says 32768, somebody 32k. But now I am lower than these and it still does not work. Anybody knows fix? Please help.

If you have 31985 linedefs, you almost certainly have more than 32768 segs once you build nodes, so I hope you're building extended nodes. If not, that would probably be the issue.

Segs are only generated from other map data (linedefs, sectors, vertexes) when you build nodes. Your nodebuilder might have failed to build them at all because their amount would be above the limit if they got built. Go to your map editor's "Tools -> Game Configurations -> Node Building" and change both nodebuilders to ZDBSP. Note that extended nodes do not create SEGS lump at all, so don't worry about it as long as the map is playable in your target source port. Also note that only some ports support extended nodes (other ports would crash upon trying to load a map with them), see here.

I had ZDBSP all the time. But problém was different. I had Prboom 2.5.0, then downloaded 2.5.1.4 and it works now. Maps are playable. I can clutter more :). But triggerwork is fucked up - conveyors action 253 speed seems to be emulated different than in 2.5.0...