Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDeAD1313

Star Wars: Battlefront

Anyone getting this?

Actually, what do you think about this review issue? Kinda weird. I did like the beta for a casual 'have a few beers and play the new Star Wars' thing. The review embargo this is pissing quite a few people off though. I just want something fun and newish until Doom gets here. I got it as a gift from my brother so I have no reason not to play now :)

Already pre-ordered the game and the season pass. Game is pre-loaded. Yea I know it's expensive but I am have waiting for this so long.

EDIT: I just heard you can customize your soldiers and take your helmet off if you are a stormstrooper. This makes no fucking sense. The empire is suppose to look cold and evil, and having individualist stormtroopers with no helmets goes against this.

Seems like almost everything about this game so far is becoming more and more of a mess. Though I am def excited for it, I think i know what to expect. I've also been waiting a long while for a new Battlefront, but this isn't really what I was expecting. Still, the beta was good fun and that's all I can really ask for :)

Did you get it on PC? Mines on PS4. I'll be getting the PC version if it pans out to be enough game, as some are saying from the EA Access version that the other modes are little more than Walker Assault broken down into small variants. But, again, if they're fun enough then what's the issue? :D

And yes I do agree that the whole helmetless Stormtrooper is quite odd. But I do like the other customization options. I hope the game is a bit deeper than it appears to be. Though I'm afraid if it is, it'll be due to the extensive list of DLC that's already for sale :\

I guess the idea for the helmet-less storm trooper is due to the movie since we see the main character as a storm trooper with his helmet off.

Anyways I've been wanting a new Star Wars game and a new multiplayer shooter since I last played Enemy Territory Quake Wars, Battlefront might be just the thing for me.

Avoozl said:

The guess the idea for the helmet-less storm trooper is due to the movie since we see the main character as a storm trooper with his helmet off.

But the main character isn't a real stormtrooper to begin with.

On a side note, I guess Battlefront on my ps4 will be all I will be playing for some time. I just got Fallout 4 on my PC but it decided to troll me by giving me a "reboot and select proper boot device error crap" that I don't know how to fix. If this fucks up my fallout 4 save I will be pissed.

Well I just got the game on it's very release day and have been playing it for about 4 hours. It's easily one of the most disappointing games of 2015. Here is a more detailed post I made on reddit where I mentioned some of it's worst flaws:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/3t7zv8/seriously_disappointed_with_the_new_battlefront/

It seems like this is nothing more than a yet another example of EA harvesting famous franchises to make a quick buck. How utterly disappointing.

hardcore_gamer said:

But the main character isn't a real stormtrooper to begin with.

Oh, you saw the movie already? Sweet deal. You must have been that guy with cancer, right?

hardcore_gamer said:

PC but it decided to troll me by giving me a "reboot and select proper boot device error crap" that I don't know how to fix. If this fucks up my fallout 4 save I will be pissed.

Check your BIOS boot device order. If it's set to USB and you have a flash drive in there with no OS - there's your root cause. Also check that you have your OS drive set as the SATA / HDD boot device if you have multiple HDD.

It might be as easy as resetting your computer without any USB drives plugged in.
Worst case scenario - your OS drive shit itself.

Aussies looking to buy this as cheap as possible; head over to JB-HI-FI. It's a whole $30 less than the EB Games price.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/ps4/star-wars-battlefront/421871/

Think I'll pick it up on the weekend, anyone who's up for a game of survival or battles add Awesome-O_789 on PSN, played the beta with MrDead and connection was surprisingly decent despite us being half a world apart haha. So excited, I'll finally get to play a third Battlefront game! None of that PSP crap, this is a TRUE sequel to Battlefront!

Well it's a good thing that the price also applies to the PC version as well, I might head over to the JB in Penrith shopping centre and buy it there.

Been playing the game some more. It's not as bad as my original impressions had left me to believe. But there are still some serious flaws. The lack of content is the biggest problem. Been playing for less than 2 days and I am already kinda sick of repeating the same FOUR maps over and over in supremacy and walker assault. Drop zone and Cargo help spice things up a bit though.

But by FAR my biggest concern is what might happen once the game has been out for a while and lots of people have unlocked some of the more broken weapons and abilities in the game. I just unlocked this thing called homing shot which is a lock on rocket launcher that 1 shot kills enemy players across the map and it only takes like 2 seconds to lock on to them. I have gotten effortless kills with it across the whole map. Sometimes I just scan whole areas without even knowing if enemies are present because the weapon itself will start beeping if there are and then once it locks on to something I just fire, killing some player somewhere I did not even see. And like all weapons and abilities it has unlimited ammo and doesn't take very long to recharge. If you thought the grenade launcher in Cod was a noob weapon you haven't seen fucking nothing.

EDIT: Also the game allows aim assist in multiplayer and you pretty much have to use it if you don't want to get creamed since you will be at a considerable disadvantage if you don't. This might not apply to the PC version though.

Love it so far... runs and looks like a theatrical quality Star Wars flick. Honestly shocked.. never expected the frostbite engine capable of performance or graphics like this.

enough MP and coop modes to keep me busy, gameplay is intense and refreshing. Feels like it's own thing instead of a SW skin for battlefield.

I'm impressed.

Looks like a Battlefield with a Star War motif applied to it, no thank you.

Glaice said:

I love it when people accuse the new Battlefront of being a battlefield knockoff. You do realize that this is exactly what the first 2 battlefronts were right? The original battlefront even more so. The battlefront games have always been Battlefields in the star wars universe.

Except that ironically this is the first game in the series that isn't actually anything like Battlefield and is only mildly similar to the first 2 battlefronts, so the complains are made even more stupid by that fact.

It's quite obvious that the developers made an effort to make it not feel like a Battlefield game.

Glaice said:

From what I played in the beta, it is 10X more shallow than any BF or COD game combined. It makes those games look intricate.

It's just fun to play. It plays very well, it looks insanely gorgeous, feels like a new Star Wars game and plays a bit casual, which I think is cool. I don't really need another super in-depth military style shooter. I could just play Battlefield.

One thing that is definitely disappointing is the lack of space battles. It's STAR WARS! But the Fighter Squadron game mode is still very fun to play nevertheless. This game is something to jump into whenever. Fun to play with a few buddies and some beer for sure :)

BlackFish said:

From what I played in the beta, it is 10X more shallow than any BF or COD game combined. It makes those games look intricate.

The original battlefronts weren't that much more complex honestly. I suppose the biggest difference is that in the old games you did not have unlimited ammo and health did not regenerate so you had to rely on ammo and health packs. But honestly, it's just not as great as it sounds.

I don't like it how people often seem to assume that more complexity automatically results in better gameplay. The health packs Vs regenerating health debate is a great example. Regenerating health old school gamers say, is worse because it means getting harmed doesn't matter and reduces the need for strategy. But what strategy are they talking about? Knowing how to walk over a medkit? How does that require any skill to do? All it does is slowing down the pace of the game by forcing you to look for medkits when you could be shooting things instead. And assuming your health isn't that high regenerating health won't save you if somebody gets a few good shoots at you.

The unlimited ammo in the new battlefront I admit is a bit harder to defend. I don't really mind it for the guns since they are suppose to be firing lasers instead of bullets and thus it kinda makes sense in context, but I am not really that big a fan of the fact that even your explosive weapons have unlimited ammo as well which results in a lot of grenade spam.

And frankly, is Doom even that complicated? What IS complexity? Complex gameplay isn't merely about the game mechanics themselves but also about the actual gameplay. Doom's game mechanics are extremely simple, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any depth.

Remeber back in the day when you asked about a game and you would get a simple "Yeah it's friggin' awesome!" or the other one "It sucks". Ahh, the good ol' days... :)

WOW! I have never felt so screwed over in my life before! (well at least when it comes to games. Perhaps the Mass effect 3 ending was worse)

That's it. Any hope I had that the expansions might save the game is dead. EA doesn't give A FUCK!

I am going to get it when it is on sale for 30$. I really liked the beta but as it stands it does not have enough content to justify 60$, not even the free Battle of Jakku DLC.

Have around 26 hours logged into the game as of now... I can see the lack of content being an issue but it hasn't bugged me one bit at all. This game never gets old for me. There hasn't been a moment where I've said, "Shit, I've done this before. Pretty boring."

However I did rank up to the point where I've unlocked everything (except emotes, but who the fuck cares about those right) so we'll see if that changes. Doubt it though.

I'm having fun with it too. I retardedly bought the "big" edition and the season pass, and the fact there's a sequel on the way is mind blowing. I forgot that EA needed to get gassed like the unfortunate sons in a concentration camp.

But, I don't have the best computer, and it looks gorgeous. The really big battles are a lot of fun and really seem expansive. The lack of content isn't huge for me, but I do miss an actual single player mode.

But the game is fun, and in the end I guess that is what counts. Whether or not the experience is any good just by playing. There's things that I think would be better, but I guess that won't be for this game.

Oh, and emotes are worthless.

More free DLC (maps, weapons, star cards) after the Jakuu thing are also on the way. I feel we'll be getting enough content in future without having to pay for it to justify our purchase. Love this game so much. Personally my 2nd favourite of 2015, pretty hard to beat Mortal Kombat X.

Wait, MORE free DLC?

HMm, I think I get it. Maybe they are desperate to release it before The Force Awakens but that content is unfinished so they decided to postpone it.