Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AD_79

It's very possible that Brandon D. Lade could be impersonating you somewhere

A few weeks back, a person calling themself 'Veinen' joined a certain Doom-related IRC channel. This Veinen talked very much like a certain notorious Doomworld "member" known as Brandon D. Lade. Going through Doomworld Veinen's post history, it looked extremely unlikely that I was talking to this person. Then, today this Veinen joined the IRC channel again and flat-out admitted that he was not the real deal, but that he was using the name because (and I quote): "Once Veinen stopped posting in DWMC threads I took his name". He then joined as a different user, Hurricyclone, which as you know is Getsu Fune's old username. Then he got kicked.

This is not as far as it goes, however. Hopping over to ZDoom forums, a couple people noticed a "Veinen" registered there, making posts very similar to what Brandon what post. It is extremely unlikely that this person and the Veinen registered here are one and the same.

If you're on IRC and you see someone join with a name you know well but you have never seen in the channel before, check the IP. Brandon joins with this:

(~oftc-webi@cpe-107-9-225-5.neo.res.rr.com)

(You know what, check regardless of if you've seen them in the channel before)

Veinen and I are two different people you fool. We joined approximately at the same fucking time to have fun with playing wads and giving our opinions and other shit. As for BDL, he never seems to join DWMC threads unless he's pimping his favorite wads. plus I ain't ever seen an actual map released by him at all. Me and Veinen have mapped before. The only thing I can say about Veinen is that I haven't seen him in a while, but if you think I'm him, then you're a foolish one.

Also I have never once been on ZDoom forums or an IRC channel, and have no idea how it works over there. nor have I been kicked from anything. It sounds like you want me kicked for some bullshit I never did.

Getsu Fune said:

Veinen and I are two different people you fool. We joined approximately at the same fucking time to have fun with playing wads and giving our opinions and other shit. As for BDL, he never seems to join DWMC threads unless he's pimping his favorite wads. plus I ain't ever seen an actual map released by him at all. Me and Veinen have mapped before. The only thing I can say about Veinen is that I haven't seen him in a while, but if you think I'm him, then you're a foolish one.

Also I have never once been on ZDoom forums or an IRC channel, and have no idea how it works over there. nor have I been kicked from anything. It sounds like you want me kicked for some bullshit I never did.

In case AD's post was unclear, Brandon was imitating you on IRC as well. You're not being blamed for anything!

Getsu Fune said:

Whoa whoa WHOA

You need to take a chill pill.

oh shit. whoops. I see my name mentioned in something I don't want to be associated with and I flip for some reason.

wonder why he's doing this though. I've never done anything to Brandon and hopefully Veinen (the real one of course) hasn't either.

I've never been on #Zdoom, but I honestly had no idea that BDL was this much of a creep. I hope some form of action is taken upon him soon.

Breezeep said:

I've never been on #Zdoom, but I honestly had no idea that BDL was this much of a creep. I hope some form of action is taken upon him soon.

From #zdoom, for context:

<Breezep> Sir_Robin Do you ever plan on doing new reviews?

^ notice the misspelled name, for one

mistyped post.

Erhm, maybe a theory here, he's impersonating members who aren't jerky by any chance? My two cents here.

If that's the case, let me just make it known that I don't use IRC at all. Just in case some funny business happens involving my name.

Also I can't believe someone does this shit still. What do they have to gain?

For the sake of me and anyone else that doesn't know:

1: Who is Brandon? Is he that guy who got off to knives called [PROTOTYPE] (or some shit)?

2: I have never used the IRC, what is it?

brandon is the doom community hobgoblin. all he wants is to read what other people think about pwads, and he'll do whatever it takes to get those opinions. WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Linguica said:

mmmm yes give me more of that irc drama

i have bad news, tom_ is back and he's taken over #csdoom again!!!!

good times

Well. Has anyone tried impersonating him in response? Seems like an obvious thing to do.

But honestly IMO everyone should just ignore him completely. He loses interest very quickly if you act like he isn't even there.

mrthejoshmon said:

Who is Brandon?

MegaDoomer wrote to me in a PM in 2011:
As you asked on the Post Hell thread, I'll answer: no, my parents aren't monitoring my posts anymore. But if this forum doesn't accept OCD habits, even vague ones, I'll have to choose to go back to very little posting (I was doing this until mid-2011 and I registered as MegaDoomer way back in early 2010), as I really don't don't to lose my account due to more out of line behavior that I may not immediately recognize as being such. I do greatly enjoy being on here to help test wads :), that's what I think is my strong point. Please let me know whatever thoughts you have, but I really would like a warning here and not a ban.

For honesty, I've enclosed all the names I've posted here under in my signature, and the years I've used those accounts in order from most to least recent. I'd like to ask politely however that you please do not use this honesty against me for anything.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
MegaDoomer (2010-11)/Do0minat0r (2009)/Kak Home (May 3, 2009 - banned immediately)/Brandon D. Lade (2008-09)/Hert Malker (2004)/Joe Todd (2002)

ps How do you know the names of my parents?

To be honest, I was never quite sure if he really had been Joe Todd, or if he was just "claiming responsibility" for whatever perverted reason. The style of posting seemed rather different.

I'm *never* on any IRC and never going to be, so don't trust anyone with my username who shows up there. :)

*The one single time I was ever actually there and talking with Doomworlders was in March 2014 on #switcheroom.

Memfis said:

Well. Has anyone tried impersonating him in response? Seems like an obvious thing to do.

But honestly IMO everyone should just ignore him completely. He loses interest very quickly if you act like he isn't even there.

I was just impersonating him impersonating AD_79, if that counts :P

Interesting. kmx is our resident ladespotter, because BDL keeps harassing him over review requests and cacoward nominations the most. Some time ago we started discussing if Veinen could be BDL, because there were some obvious cross-posts and links with known BDL aliases across forums, blogs and IRC/twitch chans, including Ohio IPs. Yet my experience ties Veinen from here, who's definitely no short-term sockpuppet, to Finland...

So, uh, looks like BDL acquired a new malicious tactic to get people's attention. Don't trust anyone. Ever. Especially if they're from Ohio.

Hmm.
So it wasn't Veinen who was sending wads to awadaday.tumblr.com for review? Interesting.

How do you even call the medical condition where you're ready to kill just to get somebody's opinion on a wad?

Yeah, I don't use the IRC channel or the ZDoom forums so the Veinens there have nothing to do with me. I'm Veinen here and in the DSDA, Veinen22 in yt and twitch and I sometimes play Zdaemon survival as Veinen, so if you find "Veinen" posting in other places or starting shit in IRC channels then please don't associate them with me.

@Memfis: No, it was not me.

And yes, I live in Finland not in Ohio.

Memfis said:

How do you even call the medical condition where you're ready to kill just to get somebody's opinion on a wad?

Haha yeah. Next thing you know, BDL has killed a DW user and he's living in their appartment, wearing their flayed face when asking people how'd they rate Valiant and how it compares to other skillsaw works.

dew said:

Haha yeah. Next thing you know, BDL has killed a DW user and he's living in their appartment, wearing their flayed face when asking people how'd they rate Valiant and how it compares to other skillsaw works.

That's somehow creepier than when Hannibal Lecter escaped prison. Jeeeeesus.