Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashstrodamus

Ronda Rousey got KTFO by Holly Holm

I saw this coming from a mile away. I'm gutted that I didn't lay $50 down on Holm. I didn't know she was a 20-1 underdog. I can't believe those odds. Well, the hype job that is Ronda Rousey has been exposed. Holly looked like a quarter-horse in the ring. She was in amazing shape. Good job HH.

BaronOfStuff said:

Eh, it was going to happen eventually.

It makes me sick though. I told my best bud about two weeks ago that Holm was gonna beat her up. At 20-1 with a $50 bet would've won me $2,000. I told him this was a huge mismatch and I was right.

Well, at least you didn't actually lose anything. Missed opportunity perhaps, but at least you didn't throw $50 on Rousey. Now doing that would have made anyone sick.

DeathevokatioN said:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Fucking really?

Sorry, they've already taken down the vid I posted.

BaronOfStuff said:

Well, at least you didn't actually lose anything. Missed opportunity perhaps, but at least you didn't throw $50 on Rousey. Now doing that would have made anyone sick.

Wouldn't have really won anything either with those odds(on Rousey). I saw this one coming. I'm just sick that I didn't throw down some money. I didn't really keep up with when this was gonna take place. I called it though. I told my homey all along that Holly was going to beat her ass. Oh well, satisfying outcome anyway. Now, if Jeff Gordon can win next weekend and go out on top, I'll be one happy mofo.

It was obvious that she was out-classed by a lot. Holm had better striking, ground work, and stamina, but for some reason Rousey tried to out-box a boxer.
Rousey's coach is also part to blame because she was obviously not trained to defend against a girl like Holm. Hell, after the first round, Rousey's coach was actually telling her that she was doing great and that she had won the round.

jdagenet said:

It was obvious that she was out-classed by a lot. Holm had better striking, ground work, and stamina, but for some reason Rousey tried to out-box a boxer.
Rousey's coach is also part to blame because she was obviously not trained to defend against a girl like Holm. Hell, after the first round, Rousey's coach was actually telling her that she was doing great and that she had won the round.

Piss poor corner for sure. Ronda was getting her ass beat. I love it dude. That was like Bowe/Golota!!!!

Mother of God those oblique kicks looked painful. One with 1/4 of the power is enough to briefly distract me, can't imagine how it'd feel at full power.

Marnetmar said:

Mother of God those oblique kicks looked painful. One with 1/4 of the power is enough to briefly distract me, can't imagine how it'd feel at full power.

You can bet your ass I'd be tapping if I got hit with one of those :P

I don't personally care because I don't care about UFC or boxing, but isn't it supposed to be bad form to spoil fight results so soon after a bout for those who haven't had the chance to see it yet? Might want to change the thread title.

That said, good on Holly. I always like when the underdog wins.

After watching so much boxing and relatively little UFC, it initially looked like a bit of 'dirty' move on Holly's part to attack like that while Ronda was getting up with her back turned, but oh well. UFC ain't boxing and such a move is legal (and obviously effective) in UFC, so good on Holly for seizing the opportunity and securing a win.

She was mercilessly beating the shit out of Ronda anyway; probably did her a favour by ending it with that kick.

BombChel said:

I don't personally care because I don't care about UFC or boxing, but isn't it supposed to be bad form to spoil fight results so soon after a bout for those who haven't had the chance to see it yet? Might want to change the thread title.

That said, good on Holly. I always like when the underdog wins.

It's not really like this is a boxing forum, but this shit is all over the news, so I don't really feel a spoiler warning is needed. I see what you're saying and thanks.

BaronOfStuff said:

After watching so much boxing and relatively little UFC, it initially looked like a bit of 'dirty' move on Holly's part to attack like that while Ronda was getting up with her back turned, but oh well. UFC ain't boxing and such a move is legal (and obviously effective) in UFC, so good on Holly for seizing the opportunity and securing a win.

She was mercilessly beating the shit out of Ronda anyway; probably did her a favour by ending it with that kick.

I'm more of a boxing fan myself. I was interested in this one because Holly was such a masterful women's boxer and almost nobody was giving her a chance. Ronda was classless in defeat. She wouldn't even touch up gloves before the bout. Serves her cocky ass right.

I think Ronda's ego has taken more of a beating than anything else. At least she's got real competition now. You get too comfortable being on top... that streak has to end sometime. That being said, I'm still a fan. She really won me over with her "do nothing bitches" speech.