Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Bubsy is on Steam Greenlight

I don't enjoy a single Bubsy game, they all suffer from game design sins out the ass - Yet, for whatever reason, I'm really curious to see how a new one would turn out.

Marble Madness in true 3D would be far preferable to this shit. Imagine a version where you could customize your own maps and race against others online... That would be badass. That game is so under appreciated, a great concept that definitely hasn't been fully realized to it's potential. Unlike Shitsy 3D which is just kinda a Mario/Sonic cash grab attempt.

1st and 3rd game would've been okay with better controls. 2nd game is a mess with no personality or cohesion. I wonder what Michael Berlyn thinks of this resurrection.

Doomkid said:

Marble Madness in true 3D would be far preferable to this shit. Imagine a version where you could customize your own maps and race against others online... That would be badass. That game is so under appreciated, a great concept that definitely hasn't been fully realized to it's potential. Unlike Shitsy 3D which is just kinda a Mario/Sonic cash grab attempt.

That would be very interesting. Marble Madness is orthographic however, but that would not make much of a difference.

Welp. The port still has the same fatal flaw as the original game: the view area is too damned small compared to the player's speed that it's impossible to move without colliding into literally everything ever. D:

If that was fixed, then "eh" maybe.

Isn't Super Monkey Ball a kind of 3D version of Marble Madness?

Xaser said:

Welp. The port still has the same fatal flaw as the original game: the view area is too damned small compared to the player's speed that it's impossible to move without colliding into literally everything ever. D:

If that was fixed, then "eh" maybe.

I think it's emulated.

Sodaholic said:

Isn't Super Monkey Ball a kind of 3D version of Marble Madness?

It sorta is, and that game IS damn fun, but I'd kinda like the "fixed camera" of marble madness, just in HD with better colors, customizable maps, online play and such. A 4 player race on a large custom map could get hectic fast. I'm glad both you and GhostlyDeath even know the game, honestly.

Jaxxoon R said:

Bubsy 1 had a PC port, apparently called "Super Bubsy" or something. Doubt it is the PC version, though.

From the looks of it, I don't think it is.

Jaxxoon R said:

Well you know what they say, cats have 9 lives.

Bubsy used all of his a long time ago.