Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Bubsy is on Steam Greenlight

scalliano said:

Bubsy used all of his a long time ago.

But the curse still lives on through JonTron, and many other gamers and reviewers mentioning him.

If this comes into existance they could at least fix the horrible strugle the fucknut Bubsy has against the planet's rotation, the games legitimately drag you around midair and try their best to fuck you with it.

Also that picture is horrible and I never want to see it again.

mrthejoshmon said:

Also that picture is horrible and I never want to see it again.

which is why God blessed us with Adblock

Xaser said:

Welp. The port still has the same fatal flaw as the original game: the view area is too damned small compared to the player's speed that it's impossible to move without colliding into literally everything ever. D:

Demolition Man had a similar problem. The developers were trying to make the game srsly fast-paced and cinematographic, and they probably would've succeeded if not for the camera. Smooth camera is a cool effect, but not when it's so smooth that if you run for more than a second you bump into the edge of the screen and can't see anything in front of you.

I remember people around me liking Bubsy when I was a kid. Probably because it was as pretty and colorful a platformer as any. Even gaming journalism was in its early days back then, at least in our country, so it wasn't as seen-it-all and cynical as today, it was enthusiastic and forgiving.

I actually tried the game (the first one, I think) only when I laid my hands on emulators, and wasn't impressed, so I dropped it quickly. Still, I was surprised to discover some years later that the series has such a questionable reputation. I thought it was just mediocre. Kinda makes me want to try it again to see what's all the fuss about.

I honestly couldn't get through the first level, I just flat out said "Done" and stopped. I can see that they tried making a good Sonic clone, but Bubsy pretty much got lost and fucked when Bubsy 3D came out, I'm pretty sure It's possible that people actually love Bubsy 3D.

I only remember Bubsy from when my cousins were playing it on the Sega Megadrive many years ago.

Call me weird but I like the first game for the SNES so I gave it a like and favorite because why not :P

There will be people who are going to enjoy it. It isnt a scandal, it isnt weird, its just normal buisiness. I never heard of it before. Ever. but i get the picture.

From what I can tell this is just a straight up re-release of the old games probably with the usual """"""""enhancements"""""""" for Windows 7 etc so I'm gonna go with a no on this.

I'm never buying a Bubsy game, I do agree that It looks like one of those "remakes" that have enhancements (with a million quotation marks).

You literally can't trust anything on Steam Greenlight unless It's good (Undertale for an example I guess, but that was kickstarted a while back).

Philnemba said:

Call me weird but I like the first game for the SNES so I gave it a like and favorite because why not :P

I don't think it's a bad game as well (the first one). It's just a different kind of platformer with weird mechanics and some flaws, but nothing overwhelming.

Noiser said:

I don't think it's a bad game as well (the first one). It's just a different kind of platformer with weird mechanics and some flaws, but nothing overwhelming.

The way the backgrounds stay completely still when you jump high really throws me off, for whatever reason

There has to be a Bubsy WAD by now, right?
I mean it would be impawsible for it not to exist.
I guess it would take some sick minds fur it to happen though.