Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 24 - Go Go Gadget Speedmap!

Link to Last Months session

[Jimmying sort of perpetuates but doesn't]

Back to some sort of regularly scheduled Donutry. I wanted a few weeks off after that other thing and so the session will not be on its usual third Saturday. Last months double session seemed to go off pretty well, so we are doing it again.

We will be aiming for 1 PM Eastern Time on Saturday 28 November. and probably 1 AM Eastern on Sunday 29 November. As usual, Subject to change - if this is met with complaints I should be able to shift it one way or another - hopefully. Scheduling was a little tight for all weekends and the later one may be moved, and Jimmy will hopefully host the second part. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME HAPPENED THIS MONTH SO THE USUAL CONVERSION DOESNT APPLY, REFER TO LINK BELOW FOR PROPER CALIBRATION

Linking this again for usefulness: http://everytimezone.com

As usual:
Come to #abyssal on OFTC.net for discussion.

Thank you all for playing and enjoy your ASS

Obsidian said:

BUMPADUMPADUMP

*Eye twitches*

Were you even there for the BUMPADUMPADUMPening?

Last section I was a bit tight on time, and I didn't feel to map. I hope to be able to make something for this one.

If the session was held one week earlier or one week later, I'd be much more likely to participate than on the 28th/29th weekend, but I might make it anyway.

yeah, i can do something,the time is good (7 PM), but not sure about what i had to do on that day... so yeah, count me in, maybe for some BUMPADUMPADUMP mapping action!

don't open the box of jimmies

Spoiler

oh now you've done it

I can't promise showing up to the first round as that'll be like 2AM for me. But hosting the second round will be a cinch.

I think I finally have some time for ASS this month. After I solve the riddle of the time zones, I will attempt to join you all for some of that sweet speedmapping magic. BTW, what's going on with the dual sessions thing? First time I've seen ASS split up like that. Can someone perhaps explain please?

^ It's to allow more people participating, of course. People here are from all around the world, and somebody always complains that the session is held in the middle of night (or during work time) for him.

I'm a bit worried if I'll be able to continue doing the dual session idea when I get back to holding the sessions myself, considering I'll be living in a household with numerous other people who may or may not be trying to sleep. Hmm, maybe this could be a joint operation in the future?
Let me know what you guys think.

Of course if you don't want me to hold the sessions that's alright too, I'll just go sit in this corner over here.....

Obsidian said:

I'm a bit worried if I'll be able to continue doing the dual session idea when I get back to holding the sessions myself, considering I'll be living in a household with numerous other people who may or may not be trying to sleep. Hmm, maybe this could be a joint operation in the future?
Let me know what you guys think.

Of course if you don't want me to hold the sessions that's alright too, I'll just go sit in this corner over here.....

The split sessions can have different hosts. Jimmy and I are splitting this month, I see no reason why others cant in the future. Or this may not work out and everything will go back to shouting and difficult scheduling again :D

Am I correct in thinking that as of the hour following this post it will be 24 hours 'til this starts?

Pardon the double post, but clarity must prevail.

Now it is 24 hours.

I was finding it hard to word my post exactly as I rather badly wanted sleep, but that *is* what I meant :P

joe-ilya said:

I already have an idea of what to do, :D

No. You aren't really supposed to plan for speedmapping sessions anyways.

Can I make a map for ASS24? :) I already have the starting room prefab. Will do the rest when it begins ;)

Ok, cool Joe, but looks like you made it before the time, if where you live is already time for ASS (even before TMD put a post to say it starts), otherwise just wait one hour...

#DrinkSomeChamomile
#keepcalmandyouknowthememe
#randomhashtags

Eh, there's more hashtags here than on Twitter...

Surreily said:

1 hour from now, right?

Yes, 20 minutes to be more precise...