Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

Youtube actually makes a decent layout change?

Yeah, I just noticed the updated subscriptions page. Making it so that the items are sorted by upload date and fitting about 6x more in the space of a page actually makes a considerable bit of sense. I actually have nothing to complain about, they did a good job for once. Something is clearly going horribly wrong over at the Google headquarters, and I'm determined to get to the bottom of it. Anyone got any leads?

Linkrulezall said:

Yeah, I just noticed the updated subscriptions page. Making it so that the items are sorted by upload date and fitting about 6x more in the space of a page actually makes a considerable bit of sense. I actually have nothing to complain about, they did a good job for once. Something is clearly going horribly wrong over at the Google headquarters, and I'm determined to get to the bottom of it. Anyone got any leads?

They accidentally published a bugged build. They'll revert the patch soon enough and things will be back to their usual ways.

My favorite Youtube channel layout is still the original one from 2007. Everything was clear, concise and easily findable. There was a comment box at the bottom of the page, big yellow subscribe button with channel picture and information in the upper left, playlists and main video etc. ALL on the same page. It was so damn convenient and perfectly laid out. Never been the same since. I miss the 5 star rating system as well. Oh, and no ads! But I understand they have to make money somehow. I've never liked the changes made since 2008 onward. Video content and upload quality has substantially improved for the better of course, with HD and all. But I still miss that old "home movie" feel the website had for a number of years.

Youtube or google making a sensible change to ANY of their services would be the equivalent of dividing by zero - it cannot and will not happen.

They seem to be basing themselves on way to many numbers. It would be hard to ever believe that a human being is designing their websites based upon how humans operate a website. Microsoft is going down the same lane with their Outlook preview or rather new layout.

Things are going from fast and simple to use, to slow and needing to press 20 buttons and 40 links to get to what once was done with one or two clicks. I hope they stay away from sliding tablet windows and folding buttons...