Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

the Soulsphere?

In the Hell reveal, pause at 1:00 (or few seconds later). Look at the top left corner.

Could that be the Soulsphere?
Seems likely.

Voros said:

In the Hell reveal, pause at 1:00 (or few seconds later). Look at the top left corner.

Could that be the Soulsphere?
Seems likely.

Confirmed by Marty Straton. It is soulsphere.

Since there isn't much conversation left in this topic, I may as well hijack it to ask a question that always had me wondering. Is it really called a soulsphere (in Doom 4 or in Doom 1-2)? I know map editors call it a soul sphere, and that sounds like the generally accepted terminology here. Is it called Soul Sphere in the manual? Up until I signed up to the community I always thought they were called Super Charges, but perhaps its always been just an on screen message when you get it and not a name.

For what its worth, does that mean "Berserk!" is just an on screen message too and the "Berserk Pack" actually has a more formal objective name?

The item is called Soul Sphere in the Doom Bible:

Soul sphere. Contains the life energy of a human soul (and thus, it is a 1-Up)!

As "Soulsphere" is both more unique and better descriptive of the item than "Supercharge", it's probably the reason why we call it "Soulsphere" till this day.

EDIT: http://www.classicdoom.com/doominfo.htm mentions both "Soul Sphere" and "Berserk Pack", and no "Super Charge".

40oz said:

Since there isn't much conversation left in this topic, I may as well hijack it to ask a question that always had me wondering. Is it really called a soulsphere (in Doom 4 or in Doom 1-2)? I know map editors call it a soul sphere, and that sounds like the generally accepted terminology here. Is it called Soul Sphere in the manual? Up until I signed up to the community I always thought they were called Super Charges, but perhaps its always been just an on screen message when you get it and not a name.

For what its worth, does that mean "Berserk!" is just an on screen message too and the "Berserk Pack" actually has a more formal objective name?

It was always called the Soul Sphere, and It'll probably be called that In the new DOOM, along with the other power ups.

Piper Maru said:

Unless hell has glowing blueberries, I'm pretty sure thats a soul sphere.

God Damnit, you made me hungry for blueberries.

When did Marty confirm of the soulsphere?

What would the berserk pack be like...or was it replaced by the demon ruin...