Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Doom Guy's Mind

Say, wasn't this posted before by the author and then heavily scrutinized because of how awful it was that then ended with tears?

Or was that a different, much worse one? Hard to remember.

mrthejoshmon said:

Say, wasn't this posted before by the author and then heavily scrutinized because of how awful it was that then ended with tears?

Or was that a different, much worse one? Hard to remember.

I think I have found that thread once in post hell. But I don't remember if the video was exactly this.

This is Duke Nukem, Doom version... except funnier.

In reality, no marine would sound so confident fighting unknown forces, demons. And giving such slang after all your friends died trying to fight them, means that Doomguy is a psycho or bad ass soldier, both with luck added.

I have a particular friend who would fit this acting, just in another language and a different tone...

Doomguy's mind huh? Glad id Software didn't elaborate this in the actual game.

Jaxxoon R said:

Oddly enough it's done by the same guy that made Freeman's Mind.

You have the answer, sir. I'm so glad that he finally finished that epic series last year. In fact, this video was made for April Fool's Day as a parody of his own series.

There was inded a different, much more pathetic and introspective "doomguy's mind" video years ago. The reaction was so bad, that the author had to wrap it up by saying it was actually "doomguy's cousin". Riiiight....

Edit: well, all that's left of it is a reference in Post Hell. It seems that FranticFatality guy also took the original "Doomguy's mind" video offline, so...

As for the vid...heh, reminds me of something I did when I was 16yo, by playing Doom 2 with a tape recorder near my PC and trying to act like an actual marine/action hero on a mission, giving reports, swearing, trying to sound like a badass/smartass etc.

He did return later and post a review of PSX Doom tho. With a really annoying wizard with a pitched down voice or something.

Technician said:

It's almost like it's 2007 again.

Lol even 2007 had higher standards than that shit.

RUSH said:

*Shudders*

Out of curiosity I sped up the audio.

To my surprise, it's somehow less cringey this way, maybe just because every moment is over faster. Also he's British apparently.

It does become kind of funny if you imagine Venom Snake just nodding his head and going "mhmm" the whole time, though.

It's already cringeworthy enough due to Brutal Doom being used atop the awful voice acting. Couldn't use vanilla, eh?

Sounds like he's based it off the voice clips within the mod itself. And it's like shit, are you even surprised it's Brutal?

Most YouTubers if they ever cover Doom just use Brutal Doom. Totalbiscuit, Ben Croshaw, Markiplier, etc. They just know the game from their childhoods and play the mod because people recommend it to them, it serves as a neat flight of fancy, and then they put the game down indefinitely. They don't know the community, they don't care about the drama, they don't care. They just move along.

I prefer to see Doomguy as a mute non-character. Without personality, without anything. Just a representation.

Glaice said:

It's already cringeworthy enough due to Brutal Doom being used atop the awful voice acting. Couldn't use vanilla, eh?

You're like a quartz clock.