Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voltcom9

How much weight does Doomguy carry around?

Ever wonder exactly how much weight Doomguy is carrying when he's fully stocked on ammo, weapons, armor and powerups?

-I can only imagine that 50 rockets would be very heavy.
-200 bullets, yeah that's probably not light.
-600 cells, I'm guessing that'd be like hauling around tons of batteries (also very heavy.)

-Blue /Green armor. Maybe it's metal, maybe it's kevlar... nobody knows.
-He's carrying around a BFG (which looks like the most cumbersome and heavy thing possible.)
-Not to mention the weight of all the other weapons he's carrying.

Any guesses how much weight this guy is carrying around while he's running all over the place?

Where is Maes with that one graphic that explains how Doomguy lugs all his stuff around AND why he is so fast to boot...

Zed said:

As for powerups, well, I think it's hard to tell what's exactly the weight of a Soul Sphere or an Invulnerability, but I think they must be rather light, considering they "float".

I assume he just absorbs powerups.

Well it's obvious Doomguy is a descendent of Chuck Norris. No one else in the world can carry 200 bullets, 50 shotgun shells, 50 rockets, 300 cells, a chainsaw, pistol, shotgun, double barrel shotgun, chaingun, rocket launcher, plasma rifle, BFG, heavy armor, have more than 100% of health, and still run at the speed of 75 miles per fucking hour.
Not to mention surviving demon controlled Phobos, Deimos, Earth, and Hell itself.

Assuming real life equivalents:

9mm bullets           :   115g -   147g * 200 = 23,000g   -  29,400g
12 gauge shotgun shell:   510g -   720g *  50 = 25,500g   -  36,000g
Single RPG Rocket     :   730g - 1,900g *  50 = 36,500g   -  95,000g
Cells                 : 2,000g - 4,000g *   1 =  2,000g   -   4,000g
======================================================================
                                                87,000g   - 164,400g
                                                   192lbs -     362lbs

Cells are probably stored in a battery pack using some kind of more efficient
energy storage.
Also, Doomguy does not pick up medical kits for storage he uses them when needed and discards the rest (for example you just got a cut, you take a single bandage and then just toss the rest of the medical kit in the trash).

Wouldn't want to disappoint you now, would I?

As for a more serious approach... I had calculated that with the gunpowder weapons alone and their regular ammo supply (backpack), Doomguy would have to carry about 34 kg, or 50 kg with the full backpack ammo quantities. That is, assuming that the "rockets" are actually 40 mm grenade launcher rounds, and not actual RPG rounds (otherwise, they'd weigh 2 kg each).

As I said, a member of the Special Forces is expected to be hauling 30 kg of equipment for breakfast and running with it, and even pack up 50-60 kg if required by the mission (without expectations of running though).

If DoomGuy can runs within 60 mph/h (It was discussed here) I'm not even surprised that he can carry over 2 tons or something like that...
DoomGuy is real hero and SuperMan... Who will save earth within 14 minutes or kill all monster and find all secrets within 55 minutes except him?

Doomguy has an advanced backpack that allows easy and efficient storage of everything he needs...Like Star Warfare 2.
And the speed is from the special suit he's wearing...looks can be deceiving.

If you ask me, Doom 4 has something like that...

Yes, I know there is no backpack attached, but so what? there isn't much of a story either right?

Speaking of Doomguy's "special suit", I always wondered what kind of weird metal boots he and the zombies are wearing. Always reminds me of the "fighting suits" worn by Billy & Jimmy in Double Dragon, or M. Bison in Street Fighter 2.

Let's say that the boots are part of an universal space suit, also suitable for walking on the moon surface's dirt. :)

Voltcom9 said:

Any guesses how much weight this guy is carrying around while he's running all over the place?

The answer is 42.

Weight isn't an issue in Registered Doom, what with Phobos and Deimos having negligible gravity, and the "Hell magic" that has Deimos floating above Hell possibly having a similar effect on man-made artifacts. The problems start with Doom 2, when our favourite space marine has to contend with Earth's gravity (2.65 times what he's become accustomed to on Mars), even simple stuff like picking up his feet to walk will feel like a chore for a while.

GreyGhost said:

The answer is 42.

Weight isn't an issue in Registered Doom, what with Phobos and Deimos having negligible gravity, and the "Hell magic" that has Deimos floating above Hell possibly having a similar effect on man-made artifacts. The problems start with Doom 2, when our favourite space marine has to contend with Earth's gravity (2.65 times what he's become accustomed to on Mars), even simple stuff like picking up his feet to walk will feel like a chore for a while.

Based on the animations and physics of the games, all of them have earth-like gravity. So this isn't a factor to consider.

Someone should get a 3d model pack for doom, load the assets into a 3d program and try to stack all the guns on Doomguy's model, heh...

GreyGhost said:

The answer is 42.

Maybe Doomguy felt much more confident about himself during Doom 1 so he got stronger during those battles on the moons.
Also, Doomguy never battled on Mars, unless its Doom 3 but we know that Doomguy's weight was pretty high-ish. The moons are smaller in size, so he would.move immensely fast with immense load so yeah.

That's one problem gone.

Now for the problem with Earth...
I got nothing.

It's incredible that even while carrying 362lbs of stuff, he can still run 75mph even after facing muscle degeneration which would be induced after a long stint in space. I'm inclined to agree that Doomguy might very well be Chuck Norris.

Voltcom9 said:

It's incredible that even while carrying 362lbs of stuff, he can still run 75mph even after facing muscle degeneration which would be induced after a long stint in space. I'm inclined to agree that Doomguy might very well be Chuck Norris.

Please no. Not Norris.
Doomguy is us!

GreyGhost said:

The answer is 42.

And in fact, 42 mu/tics is the highest effective sustainable speed that Doomguy can keepwhen SR50ing. COINCIDENCE?!

Voltcom9 said:

I'm inclined to agree that Doomguy might very well be Chuck Norris.

And here it goes... ALERT!

Voltcom9 said:

Ever wonder exactly how much weight Doomguy is carrying when he's fully stocked on ammo, weapons, armor and powerups?

Hmmm... If our hero have some thing that may be like "Pandora Box" - he may carry weaponry and ammunition with actual box's weight.

If not... well, something beyond 1-2 tons, I guess.