Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Brutal Strife

Have any of you tried the Brutal Strife beta? It is looking pretty cool.

I like how the hands now have this small idle movement.
Also, no reload, no offend, no kick, no alt fire, or any other extra stuff.

But, there are improved gibs and graphics, and that feeling from Brutal Doom when firing the rifle.

Overall, I think the mod working really well so far, not really exaggerating the game.

Is it still in progress or is it dead? When is the nearest official release date going to be?

Here, check it out. http://www.mediafire.com/?qpc0cog5508920p
Segeant_Mark_IV, any news on Brutal Strife?

I didn't know a brutal strife existed. Interesting. What I'm really keen on is a large update on Brutal Hexen though.

Never played this Brutal mod before, because it's beta, besides i'm more interested on Brutal Hexen than Brutal Strife, but netherless, i'll give it a try once Sgt.Mark IV updates the mod.

As I recall, this project was stopped due to a very poor reception. It turns out, the "brutal" gameplay style doesn't really fit Strife.

I'm not sure if the "Brütal" gameplay style suits Hexen either, but that's just me.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Brutal Chex Quest and my life Will be great .

I think there is one. IDK.

WildWeasel said:

As I recall, this project was stopped due to a very poor reception. It turns out, the "brutal" gameplay style doesn't really fit Strife.

Actually it did fit. The exagerrastion from Brutal Strife was kept to a minimum compared to Brutal Doom. I hope it doesn't have unnecessary stuff like offending and reloading.

Voros said:

I hope it doesn't have unnecessary stuff like offending and reloading.

And fatalities, because it wouldn't make much sense, as there's mechanized enemies.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

*cough* *cough*

Mother of god... o_0

What's next? Brutal Quake? Brutal Duke Nukem 3D? Brutal Blood? We will never know.

antares031 said:

Mother of god... o_0

What's next? Brutal Quake? Brutal Duke Nukem 3D? Brutal Blood? We will never know.

Brutal Quake~Super Duper Quake. IMO

Not hoping for Brutal DN3D or Brutal Blood, well not an exaggereted one of course.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Blood was already brutal if you ask me .

Yep! But so is Doom. Brutal Doom is more violentic than vanilla Doom.
Blood's fine. Duke Nukem 3D could try to be brutal like Blood or the Brutal Doom's version of brutal...

So far, Brutal Strife seems perfect. Some in game NPC chatting to violentic battles. It really got me back to Strife with more confidence (damned puzzles!).

I hope that if it is dead, someone will takeover the project and brush it up.

This "brutal" trend is childish and juvenile and that's why it's perfect for Shadow Warrior, and only Shadow Warrior.

Noiser said:

...?...
The gun animation is the SAME from Doom. So is the camera movement.

The lighting seems very realistic, so possibly a new/modified engine/sourceport.

Doesn't actually seem like a Quake mod.

More like a 3D Quake remake of Doom with hi-fi graphics.

Nope, its not Quake. Its a very close Quake mod for Doom... At least that's what I got from watching that.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

That's just Quake running on Darkplaces engine .

Nah.
I have Darkplaces.
The gun moves by swaying slightly side to side.
And there isn't much camera movement.

Doom has the gun move left and right in a semicircle.
And the camera movement constantly moves up and down.

The video showed just that.

Voros said:

Nope, its not Quake. Its a very close Quake mod for Doom... At least that's what I got from watching that.

Yes, apparently it's a weird GZDoom mod. I just found it funny.

Quake is already brutal enough. I don't want it to be like Brutal Doom.

Deja vu...

Ok I'm back. Maybe some slight enhancements in gun sprites and sound with improved AI. No reload/alt fire crap (no offense). Especially the offend thing. That should be optional :).

Brutal Strife is doing just that. And it fits. If only it kept on being updated (right?).

Brütal Brütal Doom. It's even Brütal Doomier than Brütal Doom!
* All Doomguy lines re-recorded by a chain-smoker choking on blood!
* More blood and gibs! Now explosions bleed too!
* More brutality! Now blood explodes too!
* 666% more Brëwtol: kill monsters and performances at the same time!
* Massive assault on all senses! Brütal Brütal Doom is guaranteed to make you deaf

What are you waiting for? Scream and gore will shower you in Brütal Brütal Doom

The only "Brutal" mod that is understandable to me is Brutal Hexen, melee combat is often bloody and overly violent and the executions would fit in much better with the melee combat focus of cleric and fighter (not so much the mage). The blood could be tuned down a bit when using the mace (which was not made to bleed an opponent but to bludgeon) and the fighter should have more subtle executions with his fists (like a simple neck snap or strangle)...

But that has nothing to do with Strife.

Brutal Strife just seems like the most redundant one in the Brutal series, Hexen is the one that makes most sense, Doom is the original concept and the most fleshed out, Chex Quest is a nice gag and quite funny in the absurdity and Strife is just kind of there like "me too!" (but nobody cares about him, kind of like the retarded idea of brutal Heretic but this time it at least exists outside of the realm of unrealized stupid ideas).

Brutal Strife is honestly so redundant that not even half of the "Brutal community" (uhg, it exists and the world is worse for it) realize that the mod exists and I imagine even fewer have played it. Even I forgot it existed until now.

TL;DR: Brutal Hexen is a better and more sensical idea than anything else Brutal and Brutal Strife is the sux.

I don't see how Brutal Strife would be redundant. Unnecessary, certainly, but redundant implies that Strife already offers a Brutal Doom-like gameplay.

I also don't see how Brutal Heretic would be more retarded than any of the other Brutal ideas. Corvus at least is the one who laughs like a maniac when he picks up a new weapon.

Voros said:

It's a brutalized version of the Quake mod I made for Gzdoom/Zandronum.

Gez said:

I don't see how Brutal Strife would be redundant. Unnecessary, certainly, but redundant implies that Strife already offers a Brutal Doom-like gameplay.

I also don't see how Brutal Heretic would be more retarded than any of the other Brutal ideas. Corvus at least is the one who laughs like a maniac when he picks up a new weapon.

There is a small bit of Brutal Doom in there. Not a whole thing.
It shouldn't have fatalities or new weapons, but updated ones.

Never knew Brutal Heretic existed, because of Brutal Hexen.
I like the enhanced sprites better than the original and especially the hands.

Nothing wrong going on here. It has potential.

Why are there so many people complaining about Brutal Doom ?, didn't it offer an optional Classic Mode variable ?