Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rayziik

Another Year, Another Birthday Request :D

In light of recently discovering that ASS is taking place this weekend, and thus coincides with my actual date of birth, I'm, posting now to allow a greater window of opportunity for those who are feeling gracious.

November 29th is my birthday, and per the two years prior I would love to have some speedmaps to play for the occasion! I also will be recording FDAs for said maps and posting them to YouTube (and demos here as well), as well as compiling the maps (unless author desires otherwise) and resources for addition to idgames archive.

There are no rules regarding compatibility, scale, or scope of your map. Do what you want! However, I can't record anything for youtube that isn't able to run in PrBoom+ unless I can figure out why GZDoom doesn't want to cooperate in the next day or two.

Anyways, the deadline is 23:59 Nov. 29th, EST.

iDgames link: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/rbd2015

Rayzik said:

I also will be recording FDAs for said maps and posting them to YouTube (and demos here as well)

Nice. >:-D

Will probably make something. Would prefer that my map not be compiled, since I might use it in my own compilation.

rdwpa said:

Nice. >:-D

Will probably make something. Would prefer that my map not be compiled, since I might use it in my own compilation.

Duly noted. If you are the only participant this year, I'll have my work cut out for me~

walter confalonieri said:

that's texture pack is pretty cool AnonimVio!

From where they came from?

Those green walls are from Memento Mori 2, rest of the textures are from Epic 2.

AnonimVio said:

Alien XVII: The Repurposing

This is my first speedmap ever. It was made in 5-6 hours. Inspired by Half-Life.

Happy Birthday!

Edit: I forgot to put the exit *dumb*

Truly your first speedmap? I'm quite honored!

cannonball said:

Slowly but surely cracking something decent out, hopefully it will be done tomorrow morning.

Awesome! I love your maps, so I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Will be playing all tomorrow, and uploading as I go. So I'll get FDAs/YT links as I go here then. Thanks in advance guys!

So I've played all of your maps, and so far... holy hell you guys are sadists! xD

FDAs

AnonimVio: Very cool aesthetic you've got going on here. The textures work well in doom, and they aren't really something I've seen too much of. The green and dim neutral tones are pretty, in a weird macabre sort of way. The difficulty is pretty intense too, at least without foreknowledge. That revenant after the blue key rightly ended me, and the part where I ended at was pretty brutal. The arch-viles made it really difficult to survive, the one that comes out after grabbing the yellow key was hard to escape from. I guess I wasn't too far from the exit, so I didn't feel bad about giving up before.

antares031: Awesome map, I can't believe you did all that detail so quickly. I managed to only die once, and then I started to play really passively until I got my hands on some weapons. Then I got aggressive again and nearly died. The amount of monsters in the tighter spaces was a good challenge, and it never felt way overbearing or lacking on supplies in order to stay alive. I got confused a couple of times, but I figured there were other places I hadn't been yet that would progress me further. Also, very clever arch-vile placement, they were definitely making me fear for my life. And then at the end, that cyberdemon scared the hell out of me, I literally jerked back in my seat when he screamed at me. Must've been taking a nap and wasn't too happy I woke him.

rdwpa: I spelled your name wrong on the demos, sorry D: . And also, I did a 2nd demo, since you updated your map after I started playing it. I don't think it makes that big of a difference, cause I didn't make it real far in any of my attempts! The detail and aesthetic is pretty cool, like a post-apocalyptic wasteland kind of deal, or a sulfurous hell scenario. I like it! The difficulty is insane, reminds me of stuff from Ribbiks and IG. I did give it as many tries as I felt like I could muster, and I think I did get a good way in the one time. The changing area by the red key threw me off and got me killed, but the first part of it was trivial once I had the rocket launcher. Of course, getting said rocket launcher was no easy task in and of itself! I'll probably come back to it on a lower difficulty and see if I can get a completion on it.

cannonball: So I got to a point in the map where there's that teleport switch, the first time I didn't know what it was at the time but I died anyways, the second time I died after hitting it, not expecting a room full of claws, and the third time I think one of the arachnotrons activated it and thus made it impossible to progress. Unless there was another way I missed. I probably should've looked before I stopped. Anyways, the map is pretty brutal until I got and idea of where everything was. The start got repeatedly easier once I kept dying, and the first time I got up to the red key I was once again surprised by a "WTF Cyberdemon". Although I used him for some good infighting once I got inside the building. I somehow cheesed my way into surviving that ambush the first time I got in there, and I guess I did pretty well the rest of the times. I'll come back to it if that one thing is a bug though, and see if I can survive the rest of the map.

Ashstrodamus said:

So Ray, you get maps for your birthday. All I got was a handjob by the creek!!! XD

Hey at least you got something!

joe-ilya said:

"Cave"

Sweet, will give it a whirl after I replay CB's map.

cannonball said:

The joys of the boom specials I guess, unfortunately that type of action is only available with the issue that monsters can trigger it too.

Here is a fix, simply making the action repeatable.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y12so267a9n6uwv/rayzikcb15.wad

I figured that was something to do with it. I'll make a 2nd demo on it.

I did start making a map yesterday but then life happened and the A.S.S sessions happened and I dunno when it'll be finished. I still wanna make something for ya though!

Obsidian said:

I did start making a map yesterday but then life happened and the A.S.S sessions happened and I dunno when it'll be finished. I still wanna make something for ya though!

No worries. The deadline isn't 100% rigid, especially if you've started already. And iirc from previous years, your map is gonna be another exercise in sadism! xD

Glad you enjoyed what you saw, yeah I do like to make devilishly hard maps so no surprise to see plenty of death. Like RDWPA I have my own little project where my entry can be shoehorned into.

Bumping this thread because antares031's map was just that damn good.

Great job with all these maps, fellas, and happy (waay) belated birthday to Rayzik!