• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

[Released] PSX Doom: The Lost Levels

GoZips30 said:

Gez said:
Bugs:

LOST18 (Black Tower Keep): three secrets are broken.
1. Sector #207, tagged 71, is secret. You cannot get inside sector #207; nothing opens it up (no linedef have any effect on tag 71), it has a height of 0, and even if it were opened up the player couldn't "discover" it because its depth is only 10 units so there isn't enough space for a player's center to get there without a noclip cheat.
2. Sectors #235 and #251, tagged 72, are supposed to open to show a tunnel to a berserk pack; but they cannot open because they are near each other and the action to open them is a door action. A door only raises the door sector to some point below the lowest neighboring ceiling; these two sectors are each other's neighbors with the same ceiling height.

In the original Master Levels, this is different. There is only one sector tagged 72, so it raises normally. Splitting it up in two parts is what broke it. The sector tagged 71 is opened by crossing the line at the end of the tunnel from ST72. ST71 is deep enough for the player to enter (and pick up a medikit placed inside), and it contains a switch that opens up sector tagged 76, near the exit (this secret was removed from the conversion).

Graphical glitch in the same level: sector #116, tagged 34, looks wrong when opened, the midtextures do not move to the same height on the inside as on the outside. Perhaps because they have different middle Y offsets?
Gez said:
Even more bugs:

LOST34 (Habitat): Sector #143, tagged 38, never lowers to open access to the switch. This means that the way out of the level is made needlessly obscure (you can't cause a pipe to appear in the nukage leading to the ridiculously small linedef whose crossing opens up access to the last area of the map). In the original TNT.WAD MAP22, this is lowered when crossing a linedef as you go toward the DOORYEL/LOCKYEL door between the nukage silo and the sewer.

Any word or status on these bugs? Also, I noticed that in the last part of the stage "Main Processing", aren't the platforms in the open courtyards supposed to be raised up? Instead, it's all virtually flat and can access certain areas differently almost immediately, which I don't believe was intended. And of course, there's still the bug of certain enemies not being released from their spawns/cells in that area too.

Well, anything?

They have not been fixed, there have been no new release, they will probably never be fixed because everyone who worked on this has moved on to other things.

BlackxZodiac13 said:

Hey guys just wanted to share my version of E1M4b and hopefully someone can improve it to fit the limitations of the original PSX Doom.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/395ilq5fbk67qif/PSXPhobosMissionControl.rar

Hopefully someone can fix it up better and add it to the list of Lost levels

Just had a look, for your first conversion, you actually done a pretty good job with it. There are a couple of things that do need sorting though, but if I have time, I'll give them a go.

Gez said:

They have not been fixed, there have been no new release, they will probably never be fixed because everyone who worked on this has moved on to other things.

Could someone else release a fixed version?

I know Ed The Bat sometimes hosts fixed versions of other people's work on his site for example.

enderandrew said:

Could someone else release a fixed version?

I know Ed The Bat sometimes hosts fixed versions of other people's work on his site for example.

I'm gonna take a stab at fixing the bugs. Bear with me.

There's also a problem in the HUD, "null" should be replaced by "untranslated". IMO that would warrant an update of the basic PSX Doom file.

Eris Falling said:

If the rulebook is going to be thrown out the window like this, maybe the unPSX project could start up again, and actually become the main TC >_>

DeXiaZ: Done

Not gonna happen, too little novelty for too much effort.

Hi all,

Thank you for this addon and all your efforts for so long !

Just some questions:

- I do not see the PSXNRMUS.PK3 file that is referenced in GAMEINFO.TXT in psxload.pk3, someone has this file ?

- Besides I have (little) errors:

At launch:

Spoiler

https://www.noelshack.com/2017-04-1485290077-2017-01-24-212813.png

but no problem.

- Other strangeness:

In PSX Doom TC Customizer> if "add the lost level to orignal episodes" is ON then:
Spoiler

https://www.noelshack.com/2017-04-1485290425-2017-01-24-212813-2.png

else if "add the...." is OFF then:
Spoiler

https://www.noelshack.com/2017-04-1485290425-2017-01-24-212813-3.png

and all episode are OK.

I use the last psxdoom.pk3 (here) and last PSXLOST.pk3 (1st post on this thread)

If someone has an idea or a solution, thank you in advance.

PS: Sorry for my poor english ^^

heya everyone only just found this awesome conversion and my dad loves it as he still plays it on PS1 but i have tried run this which all works fine, apart from the "lostmusic"

for the life of me i cant get it to work or play and have dragged it into the mods.bat and still dont work and the game.info dont show the file added either to play

so when have the lost levels all together with the rest the game it ends up playing the music from the completed level details

what am i doing wrong :(

My brother is working on a PSX project that converts  PS Doom/Final.Doom Cds into a pk3 for a modified version of GZDoom. Someone made us a request to help this project out  when we finish, but we don't know if this will happen in a future.

Making a mod for this and the base TC which restores the original intended music for Subspace, Subterra and Vesperas, utilises the bonus tracks from PSX Doom, Doom 64 and PSX Doom 20th Anniversary, and replaces the PSX music with the 20th anniversary counterparts.

Will be converting all that music from the high quality MP3s into oggs of the same quality as the PSXTCMUS offered with the TC (Even though Aubrey gave permission for his releases to be used in modding projects, im not going to casually upload a mod with the direct album contents I bought from him. My personal high quality version is 800mbs!)

21 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Someone made us a request to help this project out  when we finish.

But Lost Levels is finished?

Yes, Eris. I know that. But you know we are working on a PSX Doom project that looks most similar to its Play Station counterpart besides using some code.from the game itself.

An user from here made that request.

2 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Yes, Eris. I know that. But you know we are working on a PSX Doom project that looks most similar to its Play Station counterpart besides using some code.from the game itself.

An user from here made that request.

How exactly are you gonna implement the code? Surely the PSX Doom project is as authentic as it can be with DECORATE, is it not?

Here's a beta version we had before. Several things have been improved in other versions.

Edited by Gerardo194

i wish was a project to get the lost levels onto the ps1 instead, as be amazing play it on my old chipped playstation :)

Thinking of giving my conversion of NRFTL some much needed polishing, also some Doom 1 levels that got loads of cuts like Containment Area, Spawning Vats, etc, is it worth doing that too?

Sure, can add updated bigger versions of the Jag Doom levels to the small D1/D2 portion of Lost Levels, and update the "combined" version to replace the old versions with new versions

Personally, im interested in conversions of Klie's rejected master levels, as well as the other works of Master Levels authors whos master levels were part of a series.