Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

[Released] PSX Doom: The Lost Levels

I'm not sure, I'm more thinking of having them a seperate episode.

As for the episodic stuff that never made the Master Levels, I am tempted.

Edited by Salahmander2

Hi guys, v2.35 of the main tc has been released, there were some changes needing made to the lost levels to keep it compatible, here they are if Eris would be kind enough to put them on the front post.

PSXLOST.PK3

PSXLOSTMUS.PK3

Music is now called from the LANGUAGE.ENU lump instead of ZMAPINFO, also removed the titlemap.wad the main tc takes care of the title graphics now. Also I seem to recall DeXiaZ composing a new title track for the lost levels, you can include it in the lost levels music pack without overwriting the original them song and it would play when the lost level title screen appears.

Edited by ScottGray

3 hours ago, ScottGray said:

Also I seem to recall DeXiaZ composing a new title track for the lost levels, you can include it in the lost levels music pack without overwriting the original them song and it would play when the lost level title screen appears.

Well, it was just a try. I've declined my own title track due to lack of ideas. But still, you can download this track here for understanding purposes: https://yadi.sk/d/RyD01m5T3Gnmt4

I noticed a problem with the launcher, if you downloaded it early on the 9th of April you may have problems when including DeXiaZ's PSXLOSTMUS, It starts up in Doom2, just delete PSXLOAD the replace the PSXDOOMTC.EXE with this FIXEDPSXDOOMTC.EXE

DeX I like the track man. 

Help, I'm getting this problem

Script error, "PSXLOST.PK3:zmapinfo.txt" line 1:
include file 'DefaultMap.txt' not found

When I try launching this, I get this error during startup. I have the latest GZDoom and I dragged and dropped the PSXLOST.pk3 file to GZDoom.exe.

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "PSXLOST.pk3:zmapinfo.txt" line 1:

Is there something I'm not doing right or missing?

EDIT: Saw the above post and tried version 2.2.0 as the user was saying, but I still get the error.

4 minutes ago, peach freak said:

When I try launching this, I get this error during startup. I have the latest GZDoom and I dragged and dropped the PSXLOST.pk3 file to GZDoom.exe.

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "PSXLOST.pk3:zmapinfo.txt" line 1:

Is there something I'm not doing right or missing?

What is latest? For me I had this problem when I was on GZDoom 2.0.05 like I said above, if you are on 3.0.1 and it's happening then I'm not sure why it would happen. However make sure you also have PSXDOOM.PK3 in the same folder as PSXLOST.PK3. I think DefaultMap.txt is only in the main file.

50 minutes ago, Nevander said:

What is latest? For me I had this problem when I was on GZDoom 2.0.05 like I said above, if you are on 3.0.1 and it's happening then I'm not sure why it would happen. However make sure you also have PSXDOOM.PK3 in the same folder as PSXLOST.PK3. I think DefaultMap.txt is only in the main file.

3.1.0 is the latest version, which I grabbed off their site today.

It might've been the fact that I didn't have PSXDOOM.PK3. I have a PSXTC.PK3, although I don't know how old that is. I'm able to launch it now. I did download the PSXDOOMTC 2.35 from this topic, so that most likely resolved it.

I thinking of touching up on this a bit, some areas would seem to really crash out on the actual hardware, so thinking, worth going for it?

On 2017-7-26 at 4:53 PM, Salahmander2 said:

I thinking of touching up on this a bit, some areas would seem to really crash out on the actual hardware, so thinking, worth going for it?

I'd rather have you work on the NRFTL maps first as they clash with the rest of the game, but this sounds nice too!

15 hours ago, Sylandro said:

I'd rather have you work on the NRFTL maps first as they clash with the rest of the game, but this sounds nice too!

I've already touched up on them. I just need to get them released. Should I do it with the Lost Levels or separate? 

11 hours ago, Salahmander2 said:

I've already touched up on them. I just need to get them released. Should I do it with the Lost Levels or separate? 

Separate would be nice, because I already like the lost levels the way they are, and look forward to try the NRFTL retouches.

Latest versions breaks the weapons - none of them are selectable. Running latest version of GZDoom.

On 30.07.2017 at 1:23 AM, Salahmander2 said:

March of the Demons now has a Cybie.

Finally! Like I wanted it to be! Nice work!

I'm having a problem with The Lost Levels. Whenever I pick up a new weapon, it's not counted as a weapon in the arsenal. I can switch to the starting weapons (Fist and pistol), but if I were to do so, I can't switch back to the external weapon, nor can I pick up another weapon that I previously had.

This also occurs with the No Rest For The Living addon. I've looked through the code of both, and there's nothing referencing the weapons.

I messed around a bit to tweak the Icon of Sin fight, to bring it in line with all the changes to the original PC content and make it more sane in the context of PSX limitations. Here is a result, this small mod restricts the spawn list a bit and slightly increases the time between monster spawns (150 tics -> 180 tics). Feel free to adjust it further to your preferences.

On 29.07.2017 at 11:23 PM, Salahmander2 said:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/haqc3t18vswkbln/PSXNRFTL.pk3

Behold, NRFTL, at the moment the ACS won't load, if anyone is able to fix that, then great, but it's now been revised and March of the Demons now has a Cybie.

This is a cool edit, thanks! However, the endgame briefing sequence is missing for some reason, although it is presented in the older version.

Hi!

I feel bad just creating this account to ask a support question -- this mod really is incredible.  Awesome work all around!

I'm running this on my PC, using the launcher, and I decided to play through all the PSX levels, including the lost levels, so I checked the option to include the Lost Levels in each episode.

I've been playing through Ultimate Doom.

I found the extra secret exit on Sever The Wicked which took me to Fear.  I completed Fear, but that took me to Twilight Descends.  So I decided to roll back, as it seemed I'd skipped some levels there, and I reloaded my Sever the Wicked save.

I kept playing and skipped the secret exit on And Hell Followed, as I'd already beaten Fear.

I got to Unto The Cruel and beat this level -- what should follow is Twilight Descends, complete with secret exit to take me to The Marshes.

But instead, beating Unto The Cruel gave me the end of Ultimate Doom voiceover screen and took me to Map 31 - Entryway.

Is this a bug?  Where is Twilight Descends/The Marshes/Threshold of Pain?  I know they're in the TC because I saw Twilight Descends briefly after Fear.

Have I misconfigured something?

Thank you for your consideration.  :)

6 hours ago, Currior said:

Hi!

I feel bad just creating this account to ask a support question -- this mod really is incredible.  Awesome work all around!

I'm running this on my PC, using the launcher, and I decided to play through all the PSX levels, including the lost levels, so I checked the option to include the Lost Levels in each episode.

I've been playing through Ultimate Doom.

I found the extra secret exit on Sever The Wicked which took me to Fear.  I completed Fear, but that took me to Twilight Descends.  So I decided to roll back, as it seemed I'd skipped some levels there, and I reloaded my Sever the Wicked save.

I kept playing and skipped the secret exit on And Hell Followed, as I'd already beaten Fear.

I got to Unto The Cruel and beat this level -- what should follow is Twilight Descends, complete with secret exit to take me to The Marshes.

But instead, beating Unto The Cruel gave me the end of Ultimate Doom voiceover screen and took me to Map 31 - Entryway.

Is this a bug?  Where is Twilight Descends/The Marshes/Threshold of Pain?  I know they're in the TC because I saw Twilight Descends briefly after Fear.

Have I misconfigured something?

Thank you for your consideration.  :)

I already had this issue. The solution is to disable temporarily the lost levels options in the launcher during the levels 28,29,57,30 and reactivate it when you are in the level 31. This problem is from the file lostmix.pk3.

9 hours ago, FrenchGuy said:

I already had this issue. The solution is to disable temporarily the lost levels options in the launcher during the levels 28,29,57,30 and reactivate it when you are in the level 31. This problem is from the file lostmix.pk3.

Ahh, thanks.  I wonder if lostmix.pk3 can be fixed up to avoid this.  I need to figure out how one would do that!

So, does this problem occur anywhere else in the PSX Doom/Lost Levels combo?  Will I get to play Redemption Denied in its proper place, or does this also happen at the end of Doom 2?

Thank you for the quick response!

4 hours ago, Currior said:

Ahh, thanks.  I wonder if lostmix.pk3 can be fixed up to avoid this.  I need to figure out how one would do that!

So, does this problem occur anywhere else in the PSX Doom/Lost Levels combo?  Will I get to play Redemption Denied in its proper place, or does this also happen at the end of Doom 2?

Thank you for the quick response!

i don't remember during my few runs of doom 2 that I encountered this kind of bugs. It should work.

But I advise you to download the latest fix of lostmix.pk3 in the main topic of PSX Doom/Final Doom TC.

He is on this page.This is the seventh post.

About the previous problem, another person from this forum will certainly create a fix later. Personally, I do not have the skills for this task.

Thanks!  I'll make sure I have that version of Lostmix.pk3 (It's newer than the version in the main links on the first page of the topic?  I thought they were up-to-date.  Anyway, I'll grab it!).

9 hours ago, Currior said:

Thanks!  I'll make sure I have that version of Lostmix.pk3 (It's newer than the version in the main links on the first page of the topic?  I thought they were up-to-date.  Anyway, I'll grab it!).

Various littles fixs made by several members of this forum are not included on the main link.Maybe the creators of PSX Doom/Final Doom TC will add them on a new release in the future.

I grouped all the fix over time, here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1812839

If it can serve.

There's also the PSX-PortaDOOM I made here: https://spideroak.com/browse/share/Kroc/PortaDOOM/releases/

This is a self-contained, pre-configured doom engine with PSX-DOOM (and Lost Levels). This will be the easiest to run, but will have less flexibility than rolling your own PK3s with the customizer.

Edited by Kroc : forgot to add Lost Levels too

17 hours ago, Kroc said:

There's also the PSX-PortaDOOM I made here: https://spideroak.com/browse/share/Kroc/PortaDOOM/releases/

This is a self-contained, pre-configured doom engine with PSX-DOOM (and Lost Levels). This will be the easiest to run, but will have less flexibility than rolling your own PK3s with the customizer.

It looks like a good alternative for newcomers and I find the old school launcher very cool and easy to use.But I think I would stay on the classic version because I have a routine on it.