Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

NOVA 2 Demos [-complevel 2]

if i remember correctly, it's possible to open the exit room of my map from the start room by standing above the switch that is exposed and pressing it. this makes uv-speed pretty trivial if you can pull off the jumps required to access it

i think its map11? its called "a plague o' shotguns" or something

jmickle66666666 said:

if i remember correctly, it's possible to open the exit room of my map from the start room by standing above the switch that is exposed and pressing it. this makes uv-speed pretty trivial if you can pull off the jumps required to access it

i think its map11? its called "a plague o' shotguns" or something

I found the exit, it has a soul sphere in it. But even with the SR50 jump, I can't find a way to open a passage to it.

jmickle66666666 said:

take a look at the map in an editor, there's a tiny wall that covers the switch, you can stand above that and hit it

But there is a linedef right behind the exit door that kills you.

Yeah because it's a death exit, seems like Dobu designed it in a very unreliable way which seems to not work all the time while playing on CL2. Unfortunately i just discovered that today after stumblin over this thread :(
I guess the issue will be fixed with the v1.1 idgames update.

tourniquet said:

Yeah because it's a death exit, seems like Dobu designed it in a very unreliable way which seems to not work all the time while playing on CL2. Unfortunately i just discovered that today after stumblin over this thread :(
I guess the issue will be fixed with the v1.1 idgames update.

update?
oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NinjaLiquidator said:

UV Max of Map02 - my favorite (except the bitching Supercharge secret). Recorded in Zdoom 2.6.1. I wonder why more guys dont play this wad.

http://ulozto.net/xjeke5xL/nova2-map02-lmp

If you're going to use a specific version of zDOOM please link to it so we don't have to search for that exact version. Also you should put the demo file and a readme .txt file in a .zip folder and use the attachment options in this thread.

I highly suggest you refrain from using zDOOM or any of its cousins for demo recording, as these source ports aren't built for demo compatibility between versions.

I recommend using Prboom-Plus2.5.1.4 for this wad, and don't forget to use -complevel 2

If anyone wants to know the time he/she got it is 2:27

I have no idea why but your demo for 29 desyncs for me within the first 15 seconds in both Prboom 2.5.1.4 & 2.5.1.5. Kinda weird since i was able to watch all your previous files. Anyone else having the same problem?

Strange, I'm able to playback the demo without any error. It was recorded using the same settings as the previous NOVA 2 runs - PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4, -cl2. If the problem happens with anyone else, I'll try to see what the trouble is.

EDIT: Maybe I was using a different version of the megawad (if there are multiple ones)? If that's the case, I was using the one linked on the DSDA.

Edited by TheV1perK1ller

@tourniquet @TheV1perK1ller @Andy Olivera

It appears that the version of nova2 on the dsda is different than the version on idgames or something. Demo desync'd immediately using idgames version of nova2. It appeared to playback fine with the dsda version of nova2 (however it is late so I did not finish the demo, will watch later :D).

Edit: included andy in the mentions of this post just to bring it to his attention.

If the idgames version is the revised one, I'll simply redo the run for it while it's still fresh :D

Will indeed be redoing it.

Edited by TheV1perK1ller

@Killer5 cheers mate that solved the problem

@TheV1perK1ller Awesome, bloody well played. The whole version mess is really unfortunate especially considering the length and tediousness of this map.

Edited by tourniquet

Just noticed that my Map 04 UV-Max demo also de-syncs with the newer version. Strange considering the UV-Speed of the same level works fine. Could @Andy Olivera maybe move this, and my first MAP29 demo over to the 2015 NOVA II table on the DSDA in the next update? Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.