Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Doom 2016 and its future megamods

What do you think there will be?
A complete mapset?
New weaponary?
Different graphics and gameplay?

I for one would love to see a HacX megamod of Doom 2016.
Its sequel was cut off, but it MIGHT have a chance with id Tech 6.

What kind of mods would like to see in the future?

I want to see classic Doom WADs take elements from Doom 2016 such as upgradeable weapons and double jumping (and monsters that are just as flexible) but especially double jumping.

In Doom 2016...maybe a kind of DOTA-inspired map?

A game mode based on the Stronghold mod would be amazing too, complete with bases that contain characters (and players) you can talk to, items you can buy, a recreational area that has a play of Repercussions of Evil and Arcade Machines that have the shareware versions of all classic Id games, that are linked to your Steam account. If you don't have the full games, you can buy them in-game. Esentially, a small-scale MMO similar to Destiny.

Perhaps people will attempt to re-create the original Doom maps as best they can. Would be interesting but I bet there are various limitations that will prevent a successful attempt.

Maybe an hud mod that's like the UltimateDOOMVisor, and an remake of Dead Simple (or maybe Even Simpler from DOOM 64) on Snapmap.

Tritnew said:

Maybe an hud mod that's like the UltimateDOOMVisor, and an remake of Dead Simple (or maybe Even Simpler from DOOM 64) on Snapmap.

Who knows, we might even see it in the main game. They put a version vaguely resembling it in Doom 3.

DooM_RO said:

In Doom 2016...maybe a kind of DOTA-inspired map?

I am so glad you are not in charge of anything.

AirRaid said:

I am so glad you are not in charge of anything.

I think it's a cool idea. A three lane death match map with creeps and items, a bit similar to STRIFE. Why not?

Providing we are getting real modding tools then yes, otherwise I'm pretty sure SnapMap will not allow any modding of SP camaign.

DooM_RO said:

I think it's a cool idea. A three lane death match map with creeps and items, a bit similar to STRIFE. Why not?

I would be fine with that. Might be fun and interesting. Not sure if leveling would be possible let alone needed in this kind of game.

id.dav said:

Providing we are getting real modding tools then yes, otherwise I'm pretty sure SnapMap will not allow any modding of SP camaign.

I hope you're wrong. We may get a dumbed down version of the campaign (to use for editing) that may suffice. I understand that there will probably be things in the campaign that are unique that we will not be able to use in SnapMap.

Zemini said:

I would be fine with that. Might be fun and interesting. Not sure if leveling would be possible let alone needed in this kind of game.

I hope you're wrong. We may get a dumbed down version of the campaign (to use for editing) that may suffice. I understand that there will probably be things in the campaign that are unique that we will not be able to use in SnapMap.

I do really really hope you are right!!! First of all the ability to tweak the ammo/health drop system!

id.dav said:

the ability to tweak the ammo/health drop system!

I don't think there's any doubt that those systems can be toggled in SnapMap's user created levels, but I doubt you'll be able to customize those systems for the campaign itself.

According to a previous ID employee, there's going to be future DLC that includes an entire remake of The Ultimate Doom, so it looks like we won't really have to worry about making that ourselves.
(I'd trust this guy's "leaks", he was correct when he told everyone about when certain trailers would be released, Fallout 4's release date, and other content.)

For what I'd like to see, just some really creative and outside the box mods, like we got with the original DOOM.
Crazy shit like Egyptian maps, ones in cities, Medieval Castles, and maybe even some short total conversions.

Seeing some really interesting Gameplay Mods would be nice too.
There's tons for the original games, so I don't see why there wouldn't be for this.

The Civ said:

According to a previous ID employee, there's going to be future DLC that includes an entire remake of The Ultimate Doom, so it looks like we won't really have to worry about making that ourselves.
(I'd trust this guy's "leaks", he was correct when he told everyone about when certain trailers would be released, Fallout 4's release date, and other content.)

Could use a source for that. But I remember hearing this too. It would be very awesome. But I hope it is a real remake, not just a few levels retold or something. I want 36 levels ;-)

Will SnapMap be able to create outer areas ?

id.dav said:

Hacks are expected, i remember many games that weren't moddable , However Fans managed to Hack them ( Create mods for them in other ways ) .

DooM_RO said:

A first person MOBA would be interesting, perhaps. I don't think Doom's Snap Map would initially allow you to modify weapon behaviors to give players a certain set of preset moves, but I guess that's where the extra coding comes in.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Will SnapMap be able to create outer areas ?

Skip to 12:22 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgUB8aH9eZI

Pete Hines said SnapMap is "more of an interior thing". I definitely hope SnapMap will allow creators to really customize the look of their maps. It seems there's going to be more than enough depth for creating game modes, but we haven't seen much in terms of the look. That's the biggest question mark of the new DOOM for me personally.

On the bright side, Pete Hines said we could "pretty much" recreate any interior level from the new DOOM's campaign, with the exception of some of the really big interior spaces.

Clonehunter said:

A first person MOBA would be interesting, perhaps. I don't think Doom's Snap Map would initially allow you to modify weapon behaviors to give players a certain set of preset moves, but I guess that's where the extra coding comes in.

There's a bunch of these already. Battleborn is just one that springs to mind because I tried out the beta test recently.

Everyone is jumping on the MOBA train and trying to give it their own little twist. I can't wait for the trend to die, it's so dull.

AirRaid said:

There's a bunch of these already. Battleborn is just one that springs to mind because I tried out the beta test recently.

Everyone is jumping on the MOBA train and trying to give it their own little twist. I can't wait for the trend to die, it's so dull.

I don't know what MOBA is, and don't want to. No offense.
Also, id has said that SnapMap can edit game logic, so could a realistic Phobos/Deimos gravity be made also? Lightweight Doomguy fighting demons.
Also, is it going to be possible to add different gravity effects that change from time to time, to add some variation?

antares031 said:

This looks interesting. I wonder how it looks when it's completed since this one is currently in alpha version.

In the thread one person mentioned something about recreating the weapons to be traditional sprites, but the creator said he doesn't know a sprite artist.

Hopefully someone will make sprites for It that aren't copied from the reveal.

Voros said:

I don't know what MOBA is, and don't want to. No offense.
Also, id has said that SnapMap can edit game logic, so could a realistic Phobos/Deimos gravity be made also? Lightweight Doomguy fighting demons.
Also, is it going to be possible to add different gravity effects that change from time to time, to add some variation?

I don't know why you're asking this here, literally nobody knows.

I mean, I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Changing the gravity on a global scale in a game engine is kinda more complex than you might think.

Might make for some interesting scenarios though, granted.

AirRaid said:

Oh, is that what Battleborn was? I thought that was something else. Though with that description, I suppose TF2 could be a moba because most classes have unique weapons and abilities. Just no nexus. ;)

Clonehunter said:

Oh, is that what Battleborn was? I thought that was something else. Though with that description, I suppose TF2 could be a moba because most classes have unique weapons and abilities. Just no nexus. ;)

Well Battleborn has some other game modes as well but the basic idea is definitely there, and the entire skill/weapon system seems geared that way, from what I played.