Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hehe, I used the demons as a shield in the final room (because I haven't killed the chaingunners and I lost my ammo). Fun map!

At first I found the first room unfair, because you haven't any health after the arch-vile jump. But then I realized it's a short map, so I think it's ok.

I did enjoy it, but what I can say is that due to the heavy randomness of Doom, it doesn't work well for a Kaizo game in this form. A part of the beauty of Kaizo Mario is that it's more of a puzzle game. All the challenges are pre-determined and rely on the player's execution rather than factors out of their control.

In this regard I'd consider something like Arch-Vile Jump or CyberDreams to be more Kaizo-like as they place the player in otherwise deadly situations that they have to solve using the mechanics of the game.

That said, I would enjoy seeing this concept explored further. Thanks for the map!

FDA. After the beginning requiring a highly systematic approach, the later parts were kind of a letdown. I believed I'm supposed to survive with more than 40% health (60% after getting stimpacks), so that I could survive another Archvile blast required to be taken later. But no, the later parts were merely about outrunning monsters and usual SSG camping or SSG rush; the Invisibility marks the point where the author apparently ran out of ideas. IMO, this would be better if the initial puzzle-ness was followed to the end.

If there was a whole puzzle-based wad going to be made, I can say that I'm all for puzzles that tease the brain, rather than for puzzles that tease precision movement skills, as those can easily be annoying for me.

I couldn't ran it on Chocolate Doom! Some weird error appeared in screen, so I posted that video... If it don't work in Chocolate Doom, likewise, won't it work in vanilla.

I thought about something similar with DeHackEd. Have frame perfect cyberdemon rocket jump keygrabs while performing an arch-vile jump where if you miss the 2x2 pillar before you land you land on a damaging floor and die for example.

GhostlyDeath said:

I thought about something similar with DeHackEd. Have frame perfect cyberdemon rocket jump keygrabs while performing an arch-vile jump where if you miss the 2x2 pillar before you land you land on a damaging floor and die for example.

What? This isn't very adding to the conversation, sorry. Today's Chocolate Doom build works with this map though.

Gustavo6046 said:

What? This isn't very adding to the conversation, sorry. Today's Chocolate Doom build works with this map though.

Gustavo, I don't think you're really in a position to be telling someone else whether they're contributing value to this thread, considering that your own "contribution" to it was to post a reaction video about something that wasn't even actually true...

esselfortium said:

Gustavo, I don't think you're really in a position to be telling someone else whether they're contributing value to this thread, considering that your own "contribution" to it was to post a reaction video about something that wasn't even actually true...

That is not the only "contribution" I done to this thread.

Gustavo6046 said:

I couldn't ran it on Chocolate Doom! Some weird error appeared in screen, so I posted that video... If it don't work in Chocolate Doom, likewise, won't it work in vanilla.

Just because it's Vanilla compatible doesn't mean it's 100% likely to work in Chocolate Doom's latest dev build which isn't stable yet. You also probably set up the complevel wrong if that's not the case.

^ true, it was actually incredibly easy. Once you get the Archvile jump out the way, it's really a case of rushing to the SSG and then killing the 2 archviles and the mass of imps which don't seem to have been placed with any thought or care and then rushing to the exit.

Gustavo6046 said:

Actually I am not that good at Doom.

Is English your first language?

It would explain a lot if it isn't.

-

So anyway, I didn't like this all too well (probably because of AV jumping, could never get the hang of that stuff). If anything I would place the imps after the jump in more dangerous locations instead of just being there you know.

My first language is Portuguese, but I'm the best English speaker in my class.
It is what I meant, I didn't confused anything, I don't play Doom well enough to play Super Kaizo Doom!

SavageCorona said:

You also probably set up the complevel wrong if that's not the case.

Chocolate Doom doesn't have complevels, they are PrBoom(-plus) specific.

I'm not so great at doom, so it's kaizo hard for me, not you. If a more skilled doomer-mapper wants to contribute an actual kaizo doom map, feel free to do so, heck, this could turn into a CP, but I'll just wait and see if people will be up for it, I won't participate.

BTW, the wad's for vanilla, "-complevel 2" means vanilla compability in PRboom+.

whats CP? Well I am currently working on kaizo maps, since nobody beat this very small sample map: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/84854-new-arch-vile-jump-wad/

The real maps consist of many such parts..., but it is not normal gameplay like in your wad.

If you think of kaizo mario, there the gameplay was also not the usual one, no monster fighting, no flying, but crazy jumps and timing

termrork said:

whats CP?

CP stands for "Community Project", is basically a project where everyone can post maps that are inside rules and the maps are incorporated into the project -- with credit, of course.

Gustavo6046 said:

with credit, of course.

*impending smartass*
Are you sure about that? I always thought the point of labeling something as a CP was so we'd all know that one guy bent over and crapped out everything in one sitting using nothing but feces and zeros.

@Gustavo6046 ah thank you, would have never thought of that. I think this would be nothing for me, even if the other maps and mapper would be better, better does not translate into more fun for each individual (an for sure not for me).

Kaizo Doom, eh?

If only the link to my level "CatDoom" still worked, as it fits perfectly with this theme. RIP Wadhost...

obake said:

Kaizo Doom, eh?

If only the link to my level "CatDoom" still worked, as it fits perfectly with this theme. RIP Wadhost...

Read this.
EDIT: Try this instead or use the Web Archive's Wayback Machine. Or Google for it in last resort.