Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

Terminator Doom? Termnew.pk3

I was going to start a new thread about this but this post came out in google so I guess I better post here. I have a pretty good Terminator mod I have no idea where I got from and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. The file is called Termnew.pk3 but nothing with that name comes up in google. Anyone has any idea where this is from? It even has a target identifier, toggleable red screen, thermal vision, and a replace for each and every monster except pinkies.

Lycaon said:

I was going to start a new thread about this but this post came out in google so I guess I better post here. I have a pretty good Terminator mod I have no idea where I got from and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. The file is called Termnew.pk3 but nothing with that name comes up in google. Anyone has any idea where this is from? It even has a target identifier, toggleable red screen, thermal vision, and a replace for each and every monster except pinkies.

Post the file, then!

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

That's a mod on the ZDoom forums by xenoxols called The Teminator (yeah, it's spelled wrong). The main file hasn't been updated since last January. I think he gave up on it.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46456

There's also a link on the first page for a version without custom monsters.

Shit! Its not working!

it worked for a few seconds on D-Touch 3.2
But the GZDoom on my laptop says there is an error:

Script error, "TermNew.pk3:t-900.txt" line 37
"player.aircapacity" is an unknown actor property

J.B.R said:

Hmm, you must be using an outdated version of GZDoom, grab a svn build or try this:http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6482

thanks man! Updated my Gzdoom 1.8.2 to 2.0(and another number)!
Now it can recognize Freedoom 2 and Adventures of Square as an iwad... wish it could recognize my HacX 2.0 iwad instead of my HacX 1.2 iwad...

Anyway, the mod is really good. I'm sure it would fit PERFECTLY with maps like After the Holocaust, to create that impression of realism of the terminator franchise. The red tint and object info on the screen is pretty darn good, like an actual Terminator. And also the classic one-liners that are played when killing an enemy, randomly of course (Hasta la vista baby!)

The fists are really awesome, the power from just one punch literrally does a KO on the zombies.
The classic Shotgun from Terminator 2 is also in there, and WOW!
Also the badass minigun, sweet way to mow down zombies!
Of course an assult rifle and normal shotgun... which you can dual wield also!
And remember the laser scope pistol from Termiator 1? Recoil effect is pretty cool. Reminds me of EDGE.
There's also the classic grenade launcher, in two forms:smoke grenades and classic explosive grenades!
There are also two forms of the plasma rifle-very high damage and extreme damage!

Now the enemies...WOW!
Imps are laser scouts (IDK but I like them!)
Zombieman are zombie soldiers
Shotguys are some guy with an eye patch and shotgun!
Chaingunguys are rifle packing thugs shooting in bursts(they're face face is the same from Doom 2).
Hellknights are T-700i(someone explain that one).
Barons of Hell are T-800s(oh yeah!)! Laser packing monsters!
Revenants are T-Destroyers(they act just like Doom 2's chaingunner).
Arch Viles are T-600s and don't ressurect others. Also it has artificial skin!
Arachnotrons are plasma tanks, with a zombie inside(explain that one too).
Mancubi are missle tanks, with a zombie inside(and this one to explain).
Pinkies are cyborg pinkies called T-Rippers(I like it!)
Cacodemons are... HUNTER KILLER DRONES!
So are the Pain Elementals...
The Spider Mastermind is The Terminator(yes, the model you're playing as, don't be fooled!).
(The mastermind even says "I'll be back" when it dies!)
Finally, the Cyberdemon...is T-1000! It is very powerful!

There is one catch for all this- reloading.
The reload is slow, but it makes sense, as he is a machine with little time for emotions, even in the movies he reloads slowly, and I like it!
Although I don't like the player sprite, it is really weird seeing two guns in his hands and that frizzy hair.
This mod is amazing! Be sure to check it out! And a message to the creator-dont quit on it.
And Lycaon: Nice find!

I tried out the mod today!  It has some good potential (new weapons, enemies reminiscent of the "Terminator" franchise).  However, some setbacks are present: the red screen, reloading weapons, and lack of story-mode.  I get that Schwarzenegger can only see red, but there should be an option to turn it off, so we can better appreciate the Terminator enemies and weapons (to eye-candy the details, you know).  Plus, the reloading... is slow, I'm not going to lie.  Then again, your character has an abundant of armor -- he has robotic-like skin, after all -- so perhaps this is intentional.  Even if it's true to its Terminator roots, you should make an option to increase the reload speed.  Lastly, the lack of a Terminator story-mode is a bit of a bummer here.  You should try and aim for an apocalyptic, machine-invading type story-mode for your mod.  Food for thought... ;)

One other thing I want to point out: this mod DOES NOT WORK FOR GZDOOM.  I tried it out with the latest, up-to-date version (v 3.7.2), and it crashes after selecting a new game (only the menu works).  You will want to fix this, as this is ONLY PLAYABLE IN ZANDRONUM.  That said, it's an okay mod, chalked with fun in an abundant of areas... :D

23 hours ago, R4L said:

Way to bump a 4 year old thread dude!

Thanks!  To be honest, I've never heard this Terminator mod before, so I thought I should give my analysis on it... :)

Edited by romeroFANx23

19 minutes ago, R4L said:

Way to bump a 4 year old thread dude!

giphy.gif.322ee3633b23d4441a9a8f0652c48acf.gif

By the way, I like the meme photo... :)

Edited by romeroFANx23