Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Legacy MD2s

Just wondering, since I got the newest Legacy beta, and since under 3D Card options there's this->Development->MD2s->On/Off, where can I find some Legacy MD2 files?

I don't have Legacy cause it runs slower than Unreal on my machine so can't test to be sure, but I'd say that all you need is the models created by Edmundo Bordeau (apologies if I spelt that wrong). They're linked from the ZDoomGL page if memory serves.

MD2 is a standardised format that all previous Doom GL ports use and the Legacy team no doubt had the foresight to ensure compatibility with current models so no one had to make more.

Well, I downloaded the latest model pack for ZDooMGL, in hopes that they might also work with Legacy. They don't. This sucks. I want MD2s, in Legacy, now!
On the other end of the rainbow, since they were ZDooMGL MD2s, I decided to load up ZDooMGL with the MD2s. It crashed once. I loaded it up again, and it gave me an error saying that it couldn't load Firecan.MD2. WTF?!
Please someone help me out here.

DooMBoy said:

Well, I downloaded the latest model pack for ZDooMGL, in hopes that they might also work with Legacy. They don't. This sucks. I want MD2s, in Legacy, now!
On the other end of the rainbow, since they were ZDooMGL MD2s, I decided to load up ZDooMGL with the MD2s. It crashed once. I loaded it up again, and it gave me an error saying that it couldn't load Firecan.MD2. WTF?!
Please someone help me out here.

The Legacy md2 support is experimental, and thats all. If you want them to work, you must put all the md2s into the /md2 folder (not other folders). They don't animate correctly either :P

As for the ZDoomGL models, try deleting the /md2 folder and installing the latest pack fresh (also make sure the paths in md2.ini are correct).

And I don't know if it matters (and in theory it shouldn't) but Legacy was meant to use the JDOOM models. I don't think there would be any difference but I haven't messed with the MD2 support yet. I'm just so happy that the new Legacy bots by TonyD are freakin awesome! A little too good but awesome for version 1.1!