Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

American McGee is receiving death threats, sister has been missing for nearly a month

Missing for nearly a month? Mother of god...

I've just read the story from fb page and someone was making death threat to American? Just why?

Anti-gamergate death threats?

So is that people who are for or against video games, or whatever? I haven't had any interest in that topic really, so I genuinely don't know.

American dared to stick up for a game company publishing a beach volleyball game, calling out the people making a fit over it as being censors similar to the ones he faced who wanted to shut down American McGee's Alice because it had controversial elements. Ever since then, a cloud of social media harpies have been trying to destroy him.

Free speech is dead, folks.

Quasar said:

a cloud of social media harpies have been trying to destroy him.

The internet is creating too many psychopaths. No matter what the beliefs or motives are; this constant bombardment of news and info, is making people radicalized. Its to the point that we now have kidnappings, and possible murders, over shit that really isn't that important compared to most other facets of life.

Jesus Christ, this is terrifying. I read American's post on Facebook about the disappearance and there are more screenshots of that psycho's comments. Whether that person has anything to do with her disappearance or not, it's still unsettling. I've been the victim of cyberbullying before, though not quite to that degree. Getting phone calls from randoms and having that shit invade your actual personal life is extremely stressful, to say the least.

Kontra Kommando said:

The internet is creating too many psychopaths. No matter what the beliefs or motives are; this constant bombardment of news and info, is making people radicalized. Its to the point that we now have kidnappings, and possible murders, over shit that really isn't that important compared to most other facets of life.

I have the same impression. There something about social media as a whole being capable of making people rage unreasonably. And yes, this is happening with all kind of people (and with all kind of motivations). As you said, perhaps there is an excessive amount of information and paranoia, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit concerned about the future of human behavior.

Best of luck to McGee. Sad news.

Well holy shit, this is a whole new level of crazy from the batshit anti-gamergate psycho groups (implying the threats are related to the crimes), they are usually intent on just sending knives in the post. This is however much more serious of a matter, given the lengths some nutjobs go to when trying to preach a point, fucknut over here may have actually done something over his oppinions on American.

I hope to god this is dealt with fast and justice is swiftly dispenced.

I feel awful for American and am terrified of what may have happened or even be happening to his sister.. This is a tragedy. My heart goes out to you American, these fuckers deserve to burn for eternity.. Stuff like this makes me wish there was a hell.

There is approximately a zero percent chance that rabid anti-gamergaters have kidnapped American McGee's sister, I mean come on.

This is terrible. I hope she's okay. Is there any reason the police is not doing much?

Kontra Kommando said:

So is that people who are for or against video games, or whatever? I haven't had any interest in that topic really, so I genuinely don't know.

I think they were the people complaining about harassing and bullying from the opposition. Oh, the hypocrisy

Linguica said:

There is approximately a zero percent chance that rabid anti-gamergaters have kidnapped American McGee's sister, I mean come on.

If that person did indeed kidnap American's sister, their issue clearly goes far deeper than their stance on ethics in video game journalism. :P

HorrorMovieGuy said:

Is there any reason the police is not doing much?

What's your source for that?

Gez said:

What's your source for that?

American McGee said:

Thus far the police have done little to investigate Mercy's disappearance and our family is quite desperate.

Maybe I just misinterpreted it, but that's what I got out of this statement

Linguica said:

This isn't the same thing as burner Twitter accounts. It's possible a crime has already occurred, at the same time as McGee received these threats. Like, an actual crime with real, physical harm. That would be suspect regardless of political association.

Anyways, there's a rather retarded update. This detective seems like a real swell guy.

Akira_98 said:

It's possible a crime has already occurred, at the same time as McGee received these threats.

The chat in the screenshots is from April 30.

Kontra Kommando said:

It's not the internet - it's just plain ol' human behavior. Evil is real, people.

This is just a regular kidnapping thing, the kidnapper will probably leave a message below McGee's house/apartment and tell him to give him a load of cash just to set her free, or something else, I don't know, just don't blame gamers and virtual death threats.

joe-ilya said:

This is just a regular kidnapping thing, the kidnapper will probably leave a message below McGee's house/apartment and tell him to give him a load of cash just to set her free, or something else, I don't know, just don't blame gamers and virtual death threats.

But its been one month. Why would the kidnapper stay hidden for one month with her? Plus to keep her alive in that month? It just sums up.

Akira_98 said:

Anyways, there's a rather retarded update. This detective seems like a real swell guy.

This really does not make anything better. Asshole detective.

I hope some waves get made in the overall case, soon. Someone calling in on their Gamergate-Threat seems unlikely, and although it should be kept as a possibility, it may be time to start considering other unfortunate considerations. Perhaps nearby bodies of water, for example.

joe-ilya said:

I hope that's all it is, but I'm worried.

But yeah anyone who thinks this has to do with "gamegate" is ridiculous.

So gaming has attracted mentally ill and dangerous extremist terrorists under the Sekt name Gamergate and are out to kill anybody whom does not censor gore or nudity, does not hate nude, or anything which has strong breasted beutifull woman in games.

Well... What i wrote above is how this registers in my mind and makes me think about the extreme dangers of letting mentally retarded people go rampant on *chan and *dit sites. Even though it sounds extreme... anybody sending death-threats without any serious back-story is abnormal. People should use this to destroy *gate.

I hope for American and Gaming that this is nothing like that, and that his wife is fine.

Linguica said:

Disagree, respectfully though... all movements/causes/ideologies (even ones that seem like they have a positive cause) have attracted characters with addictive, explosive, and unbalanced personalities that have taken things too far in the past, there's always people who might not have much else going for them and suddenly think their existence 'finally has a purpose' and see themselves as finally being part of something, and as activists, and sometimes these people will take things a little further than everyone else, and over time get too sucked into it and over more time their perception of boundaries vs 'the greater good' will start getting distorted.

I mean even Anita Sarkeesian (?) has received death threats, Zoey Quinn also has received death threats, but the left has shown long ago they were capable of vindictiveness during the black lives matter cases where police officers who were accused of murder would often have their addresses published, it's happened twice if you include Zimmerman.

My point is there's morons on both sides, and while it's unfair to judge a whole movement by it's extremists, it's also not a good thing to rule out the small possibility that it might be a SJW.

Tetzlaff said:

Can someone explain me what that "Gamergate" thing is? And what has it to do with American McGee?

NOOOOOPE DO NOT