Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

American McGee is receiving death threats, sister has been missing for nearly a month

Linguica said:

There is approximately a zero percent chance that rabid anti-gamergaters have kidnapped American McGee's sister, I mean come on.

There's no legislating for the criminally insane out there. Some will pick up any ball and run with it.

Meantime it would seem another US police force is covering itself in glory...

A month? If they really haven't been doing much, that's criminal in itself.

It seems that a lot of mass shooters and psycho-killers are motivated to take lives, simply because they've been spurned by women, and can't get laid. A disturbed individual will use any reason to commit violence against others. Maybe the person has compounding issues, and something stupid, like a disagreement about video games, could set them off.

Tetzlaff said:

Can someone explain me what that "Gamergate" thing is?

A gamergate (/ˈɡæmərˌɡeɪt/) is a mated worker ant that is able to reproduce sexually, i.e. lay fertilized eggs that will develop as females. Gamergates are restricted to taxa where the workers have a functional sperm reservoir ('spermatheca'). In various species, gamergates reproduce in addition to winged queens (usually upon the death of the original foundress), while in other species the queen caste has been completely replaced by gamergates. In gamergate species, all workers in a colony have similar reproductive potentials, but as a result of physical interactions, a dominance hierarchy is formed and only one or a few top-ranking workers can mate (usually with foreign males) and produce eggs. Subsequently however, aggression is no longer needed as gamergates secrete chemical signals that inform the other workers of their reproductive status in the colony.

Depending on species, there can be one gamergate per colony (monogyny) or several gamergates (polygyny). Most gamergate species have colonies with a few hundreds of workers or less.

Etymology

The term "gamergate" derives from the Greek words γάμος (gámos) and ἐργάτης (ergátēs) and means "married worker". It was coined in 1983 by geneticist William L. Brown and was first used in scientific literature by entomologists Christian Peeters and Robin Crewe in a 1984 paper published in Naturwissenschaften. The definition typically found in entomological dictionaries is "mated, egg-laying worker", and is drawn from the glossary of Bert Hölldobler and E. O. Wilson's 1990 book, The Ants.

Description

There exist 100-200 different species in which gamergates reproduce (roughly 1% of all ants), most of which fall within the poneromorph subfamilies. Whereas workers (which are all females) in most ant species are morphologically incapable of storing sperm, in gamergate species one or several workers mate and have active ovaries. Gamergate lifespan is short compared to queens in queenright colonies, but gamergates can be replaced by other dominant workers in the colony without risking colony survival. Reproductive investment in gamergate females is thus optimized because non-differentiated gamergates (i.e. reproductively inactive workers) function as laborers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate

Tetzlaff said:

And what has it to do with American McGee?

No idea; as far as I know American McGee is not an ant.

Tetzlaff said:

Can someone explain me what that "Gamergate" thing is? And what has it to do with American McGee?

ignorance is bliss

LOL Gez, thanks for that in-depth ant babble.

No seriously, is it supposed to be the gamers Watergate? I have no clue...

Tetzlaff said:

Well, the article he linked does have a link to what you're looking for at the top.

Tetzlaff said:

"Gamergate in name only"

Kontra Kommando said:

It seems that a lot of mass shooters and psycho-killers are motivated to take lives, simply because they've been spurned by women, and can't get laid. A disturbed individual will use any reason to commit violence against others. Maybe the person has compounding issues, and something stupid, like a disagreement about video games, could set them off.

Judging by your rather stupid posts through forums, i could also never put my dick inside your vagina.

capodecima said:

Judging by your rather stupid posts through forums, i could also never put my dick inside your vagina.

Attention NSA, I think this guy is the killer/kidnapper. Proceed with caution, seems like a buffalo bill type.

Tetzlaff said:

They'll apply they word gate to any controversy these days and it will be succumbed by internet hyperbole for the win.

Marnetmar said:

So this is the guy sending threats apparently: https://twitter.com/j_r_kerr

I really don't know what to make of anything on that man's Twitter page.
It's like his brain never grew out of the angsty teenager phase, but his body did.

So no update? imo, his sister looks like a tweaker, and that's probably why she's missing, but I still think it's weird that the story just stopped.

kristus said:

They'll apply they word gate to any controversy these days and it will be succumbed by internet hyperbole for the win.

They apply it to anything to look cool in their tiny litle nerd world. Most of these "scandals" are so small that they only exist on "weird" websites and the minds of the foolish. They probably have no clue that "watergate" was an actual name of a location and not just "gate" being added to another word.

Coopersville said:

So no update? imo, his sister looks like a tweaker, and that's probably why she's missing, but I still think it's weird that the story just stopped.

This is American's last mention of it on Twitter.

Captain Red said:

The -gate suffix has been a staple of hack journalists since before the internet.

I would never deny that. In this case i wanted to bash the "internet" trend and not that which once was.

Video games and nerd girlfriends do not deserve a "gate" suffix unless COD would have been a secret backdoor program for secret services to data mine every gaming platform on earth.

To be certain :
The above statement is not referencing American McGee or his sister.

RaymondTracer said:

"Anti-Gamergate"

Feminists at it again.

Registered just to make one post blaming feminists

Gez said:

Registered just to make one post blaming feminists

Some mod should really enact that. Genius.