Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Scott Weiland dead at 48

fuuuuck another good vocalist gone. My high school years were spent listening to STP. R.I.P.

edit: "If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend"

Singer/Songwriter for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver for anyone who doesn't know (such as myself who would have liked to know this information in advance -- this particular name isn't in my monkeysphere)

Fucking sucks that drug addiction is so prevalent in music culture.

This is strange, because someone just asked me if I had STP or VR music on my phone, and I said no because I didn't. I'm wondering if this is why I was asked.

Pretty shitty. STP was an alright band and I always remember thinking Scott looked like the protagonist from Another World when I was a kid for some reason.

The real shame is that the last major thing I remember him doing was a horrendous performance of Vasoline with his then-current band earlier this year. Good gravy, it was terrible, and he was clearly drugged up. Very sad.

I posted a few things on facebook about it because he was my favorite artist and someone who's music got me through some really tough times. I'll just paste them here:

"I had tickets to see Scott Weiland last week, but I didn't get a chance to go. It would have been the 3rd time I saw him this year, which may seem excessive, but to say this man has had an impact on my life would be an understatement.

I'm not sure if it's true yet, but reportedly has was found dead earlier today.. For almost 10 years I have listened to some piece of music that he's made every single day. I think he has consistently been one of the most underrated singers and lyricists in the history of modern music.

I saw him perform a total of 6 times, and now I feel like that wasn't enough."

"I didn't get much sleep at all last night, and when I woke up early this morning I still wasn't sure what to say. I think in any context it's very hard to articulate what someone really means to you.

There have been many difficult situations I've had to deal with in my life, and many times I wasn't sure what was going to happen or what I was going to do. In those lonely moments, there were times that music was my only friend. Music is what brought me to where I am today.

It is very sad for me to think that someone who had such a huge influence on my life, without knowing it, succumbed to his own demons.

My heart breaks for him and his kids. His music and his legacy will last forever. Rest in peace my good friend."

https://youtu.be/vziZXqRLfRQ

I saw him with Velvet Revolver back in '07 with an ex gf. I'm not a super fan, but I can appreciate his music. His death is shitty, and tragically unsurprising. It wasn't a matter of if, but when. Everybody could see it coming given his history. You could see from footage of recent live shows he was a complete wreck, but it's not until he's gone that everyone starts caring about him again. Burned bridges from too many attempts at giving him another chance in supporting him to be clean.

Perhaps if he had the love that he's getting now while he was still alive, maybe he might've had a chance.

40oz said:

Singer/Songwriter for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver for anyone who doesn't know -- this particular name isn't in my monkeyspher.

I have never even heard of that man in my entire life, but the name Velvet Revolver rings a bell. Either way... Never listened to anything related to him...

R.I.P. though.