Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riki2321

.spc music samples corruption

so i downloaded some SPCs because my wad was too big, (12 mb), its 1mb now. but the spcs are having sample corruption

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/naevzvh9v5b1d2w/listen+to+it+lmao.wma

sorry for the ingame sounds, i was messing around in my wad. but do you hear that clipping? any way to fix it? in snes700 spc player sounds fine

whats it supposed to sound like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoxfWM8S8SI

The tools used to create custom music for SMW hacks are well-known for generating "broken" music that cannot be played back correctly on an actual SNES or in reasonably accurate emulators, which is one reason why there are such a large number of SMW hacks that require the extremely outdated ZSNES to run.

Try using SPCs from an actual commercially-released SNES game and you should have better results.

Revenant said:

The tools used to create custom music for SMW hacks are well-known for generating "broken" music that cannot be played back correctly on an actual SNES or in reasonably accurate emulators, which is one reason why there are such a large number of SMW hacks that require the extremely outdated ZSNES to run.

Try using SPCs from an actual commercially-released SNES game and you should have better results.

oh, im using official music now :)

Revenant said:

To be fair, as of 2013 they've gotten a lot better with that, with the latest Addmusic actually functioning on real SNES hardware and BSNES.