Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Doom Turns 22, Community Runs out of Puns

Hello Doomworld,

You may have noticed that there's a picture of a massive cake in top left corner of your browser. Again. This is because it's the 10th of December - Doom's birthday. It may be hard to believe given our gallivanting around in recent years, but this time we've managed to deliver it on cue! The 22nd Annual Cacowards, that is, not the cake. The cake hasn't changed in over a decade.

Here's to another year of quality Dooming. Read on, MacDuff!

The link does not work :/

Brings me to a 404 error.

But, other than that, happy birthday doom :D

The Breaking of the Link has become a new Cacowards tradition. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Happy birthday to Doom and congrats to Cacoward winners! Valiant, Sunlust and Skulldash were safe bets, but I'm very pleased to see Erkattäññe, Swift Death and 50 Shades of Graytall among them too, and the remaining 4 are great picks also.

Congrats to all the winners and especially to franckfrag, a fellow french doomer that has actually given me alot of valuable feedback on some of my maps.

Congrats to skillsaw for valiant (kinda expected that though) also. Nice to see that 50 shades made it in the list.

2015 was trully a year full of wonderful releases :D

Congrats to all the winners! Quite a deviation from my predictions, so I was quite surprised.
Also thanks dew for that TNS sidebar section :D

Sunlust did indeed deserve the top spot, and I say this as a seasoned slaughtermap hater. Congrats to everyone else too though!

dethtoll said:

Sunlust did indeed deserve the top spot, and I say this as a seasoned slaughtermap hater. Congrats to everyone else too though!

It's probably worth pointing out that the top ten doesn't denote a more specific ranking. It's just "the top ten." Things get arranged based on what gets written first and how the articles measure up to the sidebar material for length.

...This is why all of my articles come crammed in at the end ;)

Strange it didn't happen earlier but I think it's a good thing that Nicolas Monti got mentioned here.

dethtoll said:

Sunlust did indeed deserve the top spot.

It sure did! A brutal megawad with brilliant atmosphere.

Also loved Valiant too and Erkattäññe was a brilliant set of classic, scrappy maps that played superbly. So much good stuff this year.

Also thanks for mentioning Doomed Space Wars. I am satisfied that it got a runner up spot in a year of such big competition. It was so much fun working on that wad over the almost 2 years I worked on it.

Congratulations on getting the cacowards out on time! :)

Also congrats to dannebubinga for mapper of the year. His maps are killer :D

Congrats to all the Cacoward winners! You've earned it. :)
(I do admit I was a bit shocked by ChaosCore CTF winning the Mordeth; I was certain SkullDash would win it. But that's life.)

And congratulations to fraggle on that Espi... you have worked so hard contributing to the Doom community. Keep it up!

Finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOOM! Here's to another 22!

Not quite enough on the time at the moment to give it a read, however I am very happy to learn that Doom was released in Christmasey Times.

I'll try not to let the award go to my head when I'm doing that whole "egoless Doom port" thing you mentioned.

Thanks to Linguica for the kind words.

Man core2 is so good i cant agree more with dew. Well deserved ros and co. And there are still maps i tested in past which are planed release which looked/played really good. It seems even the timing for core2 was just perfect bcz you simple dont need good pc only for Doom 4 but also for detailed Core2 to play in high fps :p

Happy bday doom!

great write-up, just can't believe I got an award with such a messed-up map! Congratulations to everyone else, too! my personal favourite maps of the year were Dangeresque out of Sunlust, and Mr. Graytall.

Woo! Well done everyone, some stuff here I haven't played yet too. Thats my weekend sorted