Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Cacowards 2016 Nomination Thread

rf1024.

I played it, and it is awesome wad, especially with that impressive limitation of 1024x1024.

Keep on rf`!

Outrageous Videos said:

hellebarde
Really cool maps plus i worked on it

Generally you're not supposed to nominate things you contributed to.

Please stop shitting up the thread in order to hype up your WIP projects.

scifista42 said:

I nominate Mano Laikas, I feel it has a flawlessly impressive design & art style & fun balance even without any modern fanciness.

Did you manage to beat all 32 maps already? Wow you're quick.

raymoohawk said:

romero's map is totally deserving of a cacoward, not because it was made by him, but because it is a damn fine map

I second that.

Chezza said:

I would like to nominate Sergeant Mark's Megawad, the 32 map dedicated to Brutal Doom v2b. Take whatever stance you want on the man and his mods but his megawad has some impressive scripts, ideas and detailed levels that deserves recognition from the doom community.

Is that the one Zandronum/bestever dedicates? Those are some fun maps. I'll hold my nomination until I see more, but those are food maps. I got stuck in an alley because I didn't jump - I looked for a good minute before I got the subtle hint. He's telling me to kill myself because I fucked up the easiest jump possible. That's funny.

scifista42 said:

I nominate Mano Laikas, I feel it has a flawlessly impressive design & art style & fun balance even without any modern fanciness.

I second this.

Absolutely Killed.

VERY fresh and quirky, great use of all features, and most importantly it isn't a goddamn 9000+ monsters slaughterwad like most of last year's Cacowards.

Also,
+ e1m8b.wad
+ bstain.wad

If the final version is released this year, I'd nominate colourful hell. Using colourful hell in tandem with something like trailblazer and maybe a mapset is the most fun I've had in quite a while.

Miasma and Nihility.

Pretty much everybody is already aware of Miasma (and rightfully so), but Nihility warrants similar attention, in my opinion. Its ability to evoke tension and dread is unparalleled, and I know it's cliché to say this but I haven't felt that way since I was a stupid kid exploring the then alien and dangerous maps of The Shores of Hell. Thank you, Nihility, for making me jump and squeak out stupid frightened noises as if I were seven year old again. Sincerely! I want more maps like this!!

EDIT: After playing it, I had to give Nihility a mention. What an experience.
+1 Nihility and Bloodstain.

Is Mano Laikas a joke? How is this project even remotely noteworthy? It's the most bog standard, 1995 quality mapset one could imagine.

Well, it is intentionally retro. But also some people think that it manages to get the Doom formula right despite being so minimalistic and crude, and they see a lot of beauty in that.