Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Cacowards 2016 Nomination Thread

Angry Saint said:

I would say no, as also Doom 3 custom levels are not awarded by Cacowards.

I wonder if this is an actual policy or simply a consequence of no Doom 3 custom levels being there to award.

I'm not sure if this suggestion is totally irrelevant but could Doom 2016, an official release win some sort of reward? I would nominate it if it's possible.

Chezza said:

I'm not sure if this suggestion is totally irrelevant but could Doom 2016, an official release win some sort of reward? I would nominate it if it's possible.

Mordeth award?

Bethesda's New Doom for Mockaward.

And yeah, we should probably expand the cacowards to include Doom 64, Doom 3 and New-Doom.

Except, only when New-Doom gets Mod Support. Might want to throw that in on it's entry. Give it mod support damnit.

+1 for Ancient Aliens. A megawad so good it pulled me out of a 2 year dooming slump.
!EDIT! As for doom 3 mods, Its been around for 10 years, lets do a 10 years of doom 3, there has to be something notable in its mod library, right?

HIB said:

I also nominate Tatsurd-cacocaco for mapper of the year. I loved his maps in JPC.wad

I have to agree; I'd be happy if either tatsurd or Pipicz won mapper of the year.

schmerr said:

As for doom 3 mods, Its been around for 10 years, lets do a 10 years of doom 3, there has to be something notable in its mod library, right?

That would be a nice idea!

Alongside BloodStain, I would also like nominate Ancient Aliens. The gameplay was refreshing and man is it the most colourful megaWAD I've played.

Linguica said:

DOOM will get... a Cacaward.

Does that mean it will be awarded with a Caco-shaped piece of poop?

If so, +1 "DOOM 2016" for Cacaward!

Sure Bowb said:

Does that mean it will be awarded with a Caco-shaped piece of poop?

If so, +1 "DOOM 2016" for Cacaward!

I love how people keep shitting on Doom 2016 like it makes them cool. It has put doom back in the spotlight, and its a solid game in its own right (sp at least).
So Doom 2016 +1 ^^

schmerr said:

So Doom 2016 +1 ^^

Doom 2017?

Anyway sorry but the Cacowards are for idtech 1 games only. There's as much reason to nominate Doom (2016) as there is to nominate Doom 3, or the Doom movie with The Rock.

Note that Doom (1993) never had a Cacoward either.

Gez said:

Anyway sorry but the Cacowards are for idtech 1 games only. There's as much reason to nominate Doom (2016) as there is to nominate Doom 3, or the Doom movie with The Rock.

what

but Ling said...

Gez said:

Doom 2017?
Anyway sorry but the Cacowards are for idtech 1 games only.

Hah you cheeky bastard, that took me a second.
And, yes, though only idtech 1 mods have been awarded, I've never seen a rule explicitly stating only idtech 1 mods are eligible, but I could be mistaken.

Sgt Ender said:

+1 for Johnny Doom. It's Brutal Doom, but with more stuff, and more organized code.

Johnny doom (formerly brutal doom j edition) isn't just from 2016, and I would suggest project brutality first, or even hideous destructor (That mod is ancient in terms of being a thing, but had been worked on for YEARS, and is rather amazing now) Before Johnny doom.

If it is indeed allowed because of a name change, I will go tell painkiller and vae to change their mod names for a shot at the cacowards =P

I also have 20 bucks on ancient aliens getting an award. Any takers?

mumblemumble said:

Johnny doom (formerly brutal doom j edition) isn't just from 2016, and I would suggest project brutality first, or even hideous destructor (That mod is ancient in terms of being a thing, but had been worked on for YEARS, and is rather amazing now) Before Johnny doom.

If it is indeed allowed because of a name change, I will go tell painkiller and vae to change their mod names for a shot at the cacowards =P

I also have 20 bucks on ancient aliens getting an award. Any takers?

I feel like it deserves a spot somewhere, alongside PB. I mean he was able to clean up the code and everything, imagine how long it took.

From a coding aspect yes I respect that, however...

1: project brutality went far beyond, and while the code isn't completely clean, the stuff painkiller and company did was amazing, from a dynamic spawning system, customization, and keeping it all reasonably balanced (Alright, a few monsters are kinda a LITTLE bs, but we can turn them off). As nice as johnny doom is, it cannot compete with the scale of PB

2: Since brutal doom has been nominated before, I think rehashing it with another nomination might not happen anyways. Particularly if few changes were done but, again, PB did a LOT of changes. Seriously, if you read the changelog from brutal doom to PB, it would be a very long read. But since a BD rehash might be rejected (as much as I love PB, its a rehash, a very good, expanded, and GREAT rehash, but a rehash) I would suggest Hideous destructor simply because vae has put so much work into it along so many years, and added in enough detail its almost a bit like arma or something. I think for the huge amount of work from nothing, recognition is deserved

3: All of these 3 are still not "released" in 2016. While I would LOVE to see hideous destructor in particular get recognition, I know suggesting it is already trying to bend the rules slightly....but I will admit, this rule can be a bit harsh and should be bent, from time to time.

Nazgul9 said:

And Skillsaw for mapper of the year

He was mapper of the year on 2011.

I'm all for John Romero's new map (E1M8b). I don't really like his take at E1M4 it just seems cramped, ugly and like it wouldn't fit in the actual game