Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

"Doomed Monument" - Doom birthday speedmap

I have a friend who was born on the way day Doom came out, so I decided to make a birthday speedmap for both of them. This is the result, made under ~8 hours.

May possibly contain gameplay issues, but otherwise bug-free! ...well, AFAIK.

Doom 2 MAP01 slot, Boom-compatible.

Get it here.

Happy Doomsday!

Ooof hot damn is that bagpipe midi grating. Otherwise, nice map; as I said before, I think you do well with visuals but the gameplay can be a little "ehh" (np way in hell I'm not fighting that cyb or mastermind). The layout of some of the areas was kinda interesting.

walter confalonieri said:

nice, thanks for donate this to the DMP 2015 megawad...

Not that I would have had time to make anything near as good as this for DMP, but thanks!

dobu gabu maru said:

nice map; as I said before, I think you do well with visuals but the gameplay can be a little "ehh"

I know, I know, but I try my best. I doubt I can do anything against it...I've never been too strong at gameplay-wise decisions, I'm happy I could make a decent gameplay for it at all. But in this particular case, I'm actually quite proud of myself since I could playtest it quite flawlessly.

Anyway, glad you liked it!

Katamori said:

But in this particular case, I'm actually quite proud of myself since I could playtest it quite flawlessly.

Oh yeah it's always important to make maps you want to play and can beat, despite whatever criticisms you may receive. Good on ya!

I dunno what Dobu was talking about, bagpipes are awesome. :P Nice map. Like Dobu said, the gameplay has a few loose screws here and there (I was surprised at how easy the last fight was actually, maybe another Cyb would help) and I can't say I'm too crazy about areas you can't revisit, but it was still good fun and it looks pretty snazzy as well.

Oh yes, and the Cyberdemon can use the teleporter as well and ends up getting stuck in the tower. Half of me hopes that was intentional. :P

Obsidian said:

Oh yes, and the Cyberdemon can use the teleporter as well and ends up getting stuck in the tower. Half of me hopes that was intentional. :P

Hahaha lol WHAT?!

I'm sorry, that was unintentional, but sounds daaaaaamn ridiculous!