Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archvile Hunter

DOOM store page is up on Steam

It would be kind of nice if they gave us new content for the anniversary, but I think we'll have to wait until they're out of the super secretive stage.

The Civ said:

It would be kind of nice if they gave us new content for the anniversary, but I think we'll have to wait until they're out of the super secretive stage.

"Be sure to share your DOOM stories on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #DOOMsday. Will also celebrate DOOM’s anniversary with more DOOM features coming soon, including a closer look at the gameplay along with the teams who are building DOOM for a new generation of players."

https://bethesda.net/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=12102015-DOOM22&hootPostID=a1fcbd7d0f8004682e398cab2676a4ea#en/events/game/doom-turns-22/2015/12/10/59

Just viewing the high quality trailers are making me juicy. For those who feel the new Doom is too gory, too similar to modern FPS or too different from your 1990s experience then poo to you. This game will be glorious. I want to lube myself in bacon grease and tackle Doom like a twice convicted rapist.

It definitely should shit allover Doom 3.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Who's preordering? :D

This will definitely be a game I'm going to pre-order, but I'll be waiting a little longer.
Not to mention I'm going to probably want to pick up a boxed copy, so I'll end up buying a disk, and installing that onto Steam.

The Civ said:

This will definitely be a game I'm going to pre-order, but I'll be waiting a little longer.
Not to mention I'm going to probably want to pick up a boxed copy, so I'll end up buying a disk, and installing that onto Steam.

Same. Imagine if they went super fan service on us and released a "limited big box edition"?! Hahahaha dude I'd be all over that!

Either way I'm def preordering it with whatever bs deluxe packaging they throw our way. Can't wait :)

As much as I can't wait for this game I just see ZERO point in pre-ordering it. Money spent today costs more than money spent later. There is no incentive.

I want to pre-order without thinking rationally however I'm more inclined to buy a boxed copy. I nearly never do that anymore but Doom is an exception. Hmm, the one time I would loved to buy some special edition for a stupid amount of money and it's not happening :(

riki2321 said:

really, more expensive than GTA v and it ruined my favorite pixelated doom series :(

how does the release of this game ruin the first two? They're still gunna be there for you to play, they'll always be around and be good games and ppl are going to keep on making cool content for them. It's cool if you don't like the new game, but it say it ruined the series, that's silly.

I'm getting the Collector's Edition once it's announced. I hope they also make a super limited edition, like 10000 copies.

AirRaid said:

Thats the loading/menu screen background.

And it might make for a decent sky texture.

Eeeh... it's a... texture alright.

Nice. Wishlisted. I'm going to hold off pre-ordering for now, but I might be all like "Eh fuck it" when it's closer to being released.

I think it's nice they gave us the store page for the anniversary, but I was expecting a little more, honestly.
Also noticed that both "Single-player", "Multi-player" and "Co-op" are listed as features. Maybe there will be an official Co-op campaign/game-mode after all.

Linguica said:

You can't even friggin link it?

Sorry about that. Shame on me!

If a little model of a Doom monster included in the potential collectors edition you can bet all of Doom World would buy into it. That is, if you truly are a fan of Doom *Inquisitive look*

You don't have to buy all the useless tat that comes in collectors editions in order to be a fan of a game.

And you can tell that to my Borderlands loot chest and Marcus Bobblehead.

ArchvileHunter said:

I think it's nice they gave us the store page for the anniversary, but I was expecting a little more, honestly.
Also noticed that both "Single-player", "Multi-player" and "Co-op" are listed as features. Maybe there will be an official Co-op campaign/game-mode after all.

Sorry about that. Shame on me!

They confirmed Co-Op for Snapmap, but I don't know if it's going to be available for the main campaign.
To be honest, I'm just happy it's even available for Snapmap levels.
It'll be fun to run through some levels with friends.

Jaxxoon R said:

At least Snapmap has multiplayer.

I'm looking at you, Mario Maker.

HA! Same thoughts. So dumb they didn't include that. Very fun game though. Just got it.

While I'm still avoiding specific info and media from DOOM4, I've skimmed through the feature list. It's clear their three big selling points are campaign, MP and SnapMap. Maybe I'm too pessimistic but seeing the amount of focus the MP portion gets and imagining the amount of work that must have gone into the editor, I'm worried that the only thing I care about, SP, will either be too short or not as great as it could have been.

Touchdown said:

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but seeing the amount of focus the MP portion gets and imagining the amount of work that must have gone into the editor, I'm worried that the only thing I care about, SP, will either be too short or not as great as it could have been.

The MP is being developed in conjunction with a 3rd party dev (Certain Affinity) (source), so they're not losing all their development time on it.

They also outsourced a bunch of asset creation for snapmap to a 3rd party as well (source) so they didn't use too much time creating the extra assets for that.

Yeah, I mean, did you watch the SP portion? It's pretty goddamn detailed and clearly a lot of thought was put into it. I don't think we have anything to worry about on that front.

We went from RAGE being developed by half of iD, to DOOM being developed by the entirety of iD along with two other 3rd-party developers.

Not only am I looking forward to the game, but DOOM is just a really pivotal and interesting release for iD, since Bethesda is essentially going "all in" with it.