Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ironlich

Censored word in server start attempt

Hello, i have another general problem here when i try to start a new server on BE.

The whole string is this:

.host hostname="ZDWARS custom factions rebalanced" iwad=doom2.wad wad=skulltag_actors_1-1-1.pk3,skulltag_data_126.pk3,zdoomwars302_2.pk3,zdoomwarsmaps302.wad,zdwarsmusic.wad,duke3dfactionfinal_1.wad,metalguy213_connectionsoundversion.1.wad,bloodfaction_1.pk3,arenazfaction.pk3 config=zdwarscfg.cfg gamemode=lms

It says my message contains a censored word. What can i do? I'm quite confused...

Well, it might be a kind of Scunthorpe problem, but I can't find any of the obvious bad words in there.... maybe "ars" (for arse?!) or maybe the word "wad" is interpreted as another kind of wad, which would be ironic for something Doom-oriented (what's BE, anyway?) .... but why would there be an obscenity filter applied to a server initialization string in the first place?!

As to what you can do, the obvious course of action is to contact the administrators of "BE", whatever that is. Whatever the problem, it's on their end.

No if it was a banned wad i remember a different message would pop up. In this case it is some kind of invisible character among the letters, which doesn't appear but it actually is present and ptevents the server to start. Do you know any solution for this?

Heh so you cannot load mods named after banned people? To the point that even their names are considered "censored words"? Talk about "damnatio memoriae". Or simply their filtering system works way too simplistically.

Ok so the server is up on Painkiller, name: ZDWARS custom factions rebalanced. Plz enjoy and tell me if you like it. It is a pain to balance those new factions because they appear to be some kind of old beta but not they are up to date.

ironlich said:

It is not the metalguy reference as it keeps saying there is a censored word... what might that be.

No, ironlich. You are the censored word.

Best Ever is a great service and the people who call it a joke are either banned or ignorant.

With the obligatory white-knighting out of the way, the best place to ask for help about this would be the IRC channel #bestever on irc.zandronum.com/6667. It's possible one of those wads was banned for one reason or another, perhaps memory leaks or unauthorized exploits.

(I'd also recommend putting quotes around your string of wads)

(also thanks for using painkiller)

Maes said:

OK, now I get what BE is.

Check to see if any of the WADs you're trying to use are on the BE WAD banlist.

brutalized doom1-2.wad
brutalized.wad
brutalizeddoom1-2.wad
brutalizedmaps.wad
brutalized_doom.wad
mr chris's brutalized doom 1&2 levels.wad
mr-chris-brutalized-doom-1and2-levels.wad

Heh, it looks like edited versions of my Maps of Chaos levels are banned. Can't they (hosters) just use the original and most up to date version on ModDB? And for some reason Weapons of Saturn is also banned from use.