Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Your avatar is dumb

Okay maybe not.

Last week while I was procrastinating on a research paper I was supposed to be writing, I was admiring the default doomworld avatars that you get to pick from. I located as many Doom and Doom related art sources that I could find, including box art, covers from the doom novels, magazine ads, shovelware covers, adrian carmack sketches, etc. and began cropping them and scaling them down to 50x50 images.

So if you're looking to change your avatar to something cool, here's some stuff to pick from. If not, that's okay too.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8ho3c5y31vg8mt7

I'm working on the pinkfish in 64px format that I'll be happy to donate if you're interested

At first glance I thought this was a collage of the existing avatars. Great choices though!

Linguica said:

Why 50x50 and not 64x64?

Bigger isn't better IMO. I wanted to keep it in line with the default ones but upon further inspection, many of them are around 36x36. So i might just make em smaller :P

Linguica said:

Why 50x50 and not 64x64?

50x50 is a good size IMO. I recently tweaked my avatar which has been 32x32 for a long time, but the doubled size of 64x64 felt too big. I ended up settling on 48x48 instead.

I like these! I also agree that 64x64 is too big. I prefer the tiny avatars.

Inkie said:

none of those have Edgar Allen Poe

speakingofwhichpleaseaddactualtransparencytoyouravataritmakesmyocditchthankyou

Jaxxoon R said:

speakingofwhichpleaseaddactualtransparencytoyouravataritmakesmyocditchthankyou

Its one of the current default avatars

Although I think I have the privilege of having a custom one, so I could edit it if I felt like it

I cropped mine from a picture I saw in that thread about that planned Doom 64 intro video thingy.